Under The Moonlight (Part II)

Wise men say...

...Only fools rush in

You wished for this night to never end. Oh how you wanted to stay in his arms forever, yet, how selfish of you to think that way. As he gracefully led you, you can't help but steal glances at the prince, who is totally immersed with the surrounding.

But I can't help....

....Falling in love with you...

Tears started to fall from your eyes, and to Ayato's surprise, you ran away from him. He tried running after you, but the palace guards stopped him.

Feeling a little disheartened, Ayato entered the palace as he advice the guards to find you before the dance starts.

◎◎◎◎◎

Meanwhile, you crouched behind the rose bush, still embarrassed from the sudden display of affection. The man you've been dreaming about, offered you a dance and you thought that would be enough. But once he declared his love for you, all you can think of was dreaming once more.

Upon hearing the Queen's announcement, you entered the ballroom as you saw the princes and princess line up with a rose crown (similar to a flower crown) in hand. Prince Ken had a white rose crown, Princess Hinami with red rose crown and Prince Ayato with purple rose crown, which is very rare.

As the Queen gave her signal, the three went to their own ways. Prince Ken approached your friend, Hinami approached a young lad and Ayato—

—was walking towards you.

Heart beating fast, you felt like you were on the edge of a rollercoaster ride and anytime soon, you could die. Suddenly, Ayato got on one knee as he held out his hand.

"May I dance with milady?"

Gulping, you felt the dagger-like glares of the ladies who are dying to be asked by Ayato, yet chose to ignore them for your beloved. "Sure Your Highness. It would be my pleasure."

As you placed your hand over Ayato's, he placed the rose crown on your head as he held you by the waist. Soon, the two of you were in the middle of the ballroom as you swayed to the music. Feeling a little bit tensed, Ayato let out a chuckle as he bent down and gave your forehead a kiss.

"Worry not my dearest. It will be over soon."

Gasps where heard as they witnessed their precious Prince give his beloved a warm kiss. As you melted into the kiss, you felt your hands work on their own as they reached up to Ayato's neck.

After the music has ended, Ayato entwined his fingers with yours as he brought you to his awaiting parents. Nervousness rushed towards you as you curtsied and smiled.

"You must be the lucky young lady that my son has told me about a while ago. Pleased to meet you, I'm Eto. And don't bother calling me Queen, just call me Mother, Mom or even Mommy." She giggled like a highschool girl, making you blush.

"I'm King Tatara, just call me Dad." A white-haired man appeared as he wrapped an arm on the green-haired woman's waist.

The night ended with you and Ayato exchanging information about one another, with the moon as your only source of light.

To think that the man you have been dreaming of for so long, would be one day the man who's going to wait for you on the aisle, aren't you lucky enough?

And to think that your friend would be your sister-in-law, how wonderful life can be.

"I never believed in fairytales. But I do believe in happy endings."

◎◎◎◎◎

So this is one cringy fairytale shit