Re:member

🌸Angst, AU

•••••

Arriving late, you panted for air as you approached the pastry shop and saw Ayato, with an irk mark on his forehead obviously. He wasn't one to wait. A totally impatient man.

"And just when I was about to leave..." He mumbled under his breath and you just rolled your eyes, taking a sit in front of him.

"Whut do you want? Calling me at 4am to talk about a very important business." You spoke with pure sarcasm and Ayato leaned in to flick your forehead. He sighed as he took out a somewhat marriage invitation card. Your eyes lit up as you excitedly took it, "Who's getting married?! IS IT TOUKA?! I'D LIKE TO BE THE WEDDING COORDINATOR SINCE YOU KNOW, I WORK THE STUFF."

Ayato chuckled as he motioned for you to read it. You glanced at the perfectly designed envelope and when you pulled out the contents, all the excitement you felt was drowned down by pain. Ayato noticed it when your expression suddenly changed, "What's wrong (Y/N)?"

Soon, the tears you were holding in, slid down your cheeks as you sob, "Y-You're, y-you, getting married?"

"Yeah?" Ayato replied and you quickly threw your arms around him as you sob on his shoulder, "I'm so happy for you! FINALLY, MY BEST FRIEND'S GETTING MARRIED! This isn't a joke right?"

"Yup." He smiled as he rubbed your back and you smiled bitterly, and how I wish you would say no.

After meeting up with Ayato and him asking you to be the wedding coordinator, you couldn't help but enter a bar and get drunk. Your long time bestfriend, your one and only love interest, getting married to someone. How painful was that?

After feeling the alcohol kicking in, you managed to get home safe. But as soon as you entered your household, you started to trash everything as you become a crying mess. Feeling all the regret and chances, you fell flat on the floor as you lost consciousness.

•••••

"Hey Ayato, when we grow up, do you think I'll become a pretty bride like my Mommy?" A younger you asked as you picked up a flower, lying on the pavement with its other petals plucked.

Ayato let out a loud laugh as he pointed his finger at you, "Y-You?! HAHAHAHA! If you start being feminine, but when?"

You puffed your cheeks as you punched his shoulder lightly, feeling your tears flow from your eyes. Ayato instantly panicked as he took the flower from your hands and placed it on your right ear. He fixed your hair and grinned, "Don't worry. I'll make you my pretty bride (Y/N)-chan."

Eyes starting sparkle as your lips curl into a smile, "Hmm! I'll wait for that day."

As you entered the house and gave your parents a hug, the flower slid down your hair and unto the tiled floor. Its petals scattered as it turned dull and dead...

•••••

Gasping for air, you awoke to see pure white. The walls, the bed, even your dress, though if it wasn't for the electrocardiogram beeping beside you, you would've thought you died. You sigh as you tried to leave, but the nurse saw you and quickly told you to lay down. A doctor soon entered and checked your vitals to see if it's steady or not.

"You can be discharged later Ms. (Last Name), for now, you must rest." The Doctor said as he left the room, leaving you with the nurse who's going to inject you. You closed your eyes as the stinging feeling on your veins started to rush in.

"There, all done. Thank you for today Ms. (Last Name)." The nurse bid you goodbye and you did the same. As you sat on the bed for a couple of minutes, you got tired and pulled out the IV drop before heading towards the counter. After paying your hospital bills, you skid down the street and saw how messed up your house is. You started cleaning, not until you saw someone calling. When you glanced at the caller I.D., your eyes started to sting.

Hands trembling, you picked up your phone as your voice was still raspy, "H-Hello?"

"(Y/N)?! WHAT THE HELL? I LEFT YOU FOR A SECOND AND YOU'RE GONE?" Ayato shouted as you could hear him raggedly breathing. It seems like he was driving towards your house. Just as you were about to lock it, Ayato kicked open the door as he panted.

"How could you? What happened?" Ayato asked as he checked your face and you smiled. Coughing a little, you pushed him out of your house, "I'll fix my mess. I was really tired last night so I went drinking and well, you know I can't tolerate my alcohol so, yep. This happened."

Ayato sighed as he ruffled his hair, "Seriously... What would you do without me? If I haven't found you out cold while your door was ajar, you could've been killed or kidnapped or something!"

Smiling a little, you reached up for his face as you slightly stroke his cheek, "I'm going to be fine Ayato. Let me fix my mess and I'll arrange your wedding plans."

Ayato couldn't do anything so he decided to wait outside. The whole day was painfully choking since you were helping your assistants in designing the venue, while Ayato and his soon-to-be-wife are being the sweet couple they should be.

"Why? Why did you let it come to this?" A fellow assistant asked as she helped you with the flowers. Slowly, tears started to fall from your eyes as you set the flowers aside and head straight the parking area. You need a breather. To calm yourself, you took out a stick of cigarette then lit it up. Smoking wasn't your thing, but in order to calm yourself, you had to.

"What happened?" Ayato approached you out of nowhere, making you throw the cigarette in surprise.

"I saw you leaving the venue and decided to follow you. Why are you smoking? Something happened?" Ayato knew when you start smoking, everything is in chaos. Your heart was indeed.

"Nothing. Anyway, I'll leave the rest to my assistants. I'm heading home. My head hurts." You lied as you opened up the door and start the engine. Ayato nodded as he left and went back to the venue. You bitterly started the engine and drove into the highway full speed. Thoughts flying and slowly the car you were driving crashed into a truck. Everything blacked out.

•••

Opening an eye, you look around and saw pure white. A guy with bluish hair staring at you. You started to panic as you cannot remember what happened. And he seems to notice...

"(NAME)?! Oh my god you're awake! Hinami! Get the nurse." He ordered a brunette woman and she quickly rushed outside. The doctor started to check you and he sadly delivered the news.

You learned that you were involved in a car accident and was in coma for a month. Still unable to remember anything, they told you you have amnesia.

Days passed by and still, there was pure emptiness in your heart and memories. It was like you were soul-less, making Ayato feel guilty. He knew you liked him after reading the diary he found inside your closet when he took some of your clothes. Though it was all too late, since he was already married.

"Do you remember me now, (Name)?" Ayato looked hopeful as he held your hands, receiving a blank stare in return.

"Please don't let me remember something I ought to forget."

And everything inside him broke apart as he stared at your almost lifeless figure.

"You know what they say. Once broken, it caannot be fixed."