See You Again

The blue-haired ghoul stared at the (hair color) haired girl as she ran along the fountain.

A sweet smile was plastered on her pink lips and giggles were heard as she played with the water.

"Aya-chan, hurry!" She yelled then started splashing the blue-haired ghoul some water.

"Tch, (Name) you'll get my clothes wet." He said, a visible frown was on his face.

"But..." She pouted then pulled the hem of his shirt.

"Tch, stop pouting you look like a duck!" He growled then looked away.

"A cute duck? Thank you!" She giggled then started playing again.

The ghoul just sighed then sat on the bench, drifting off.

"Ayato~ Wake up~"

Ayato opened his eyes as the cheeky girl pinched his cheeks.

"Aho, wake up, it's night time already." She laughed as the sun sets behind her.

He smiled then quickly pulled her into a hug.

"I love you."

Little did he know, those words made the girl's heart beat faster.

"I love you too."

He smiled as his memories came flashing back.

"Jeez, you're still haunting me." He smiled, sadly.

"I love it though. Remembering you and feeling you near me again. It's been 10 years already." He snickered.

"It sounds mushy right? It makes me wanna gawk but, that's what I feel after you left."

He looked up and felt his tears slowly fall down.

"I hate it. Why must it be you? If I was a lot stronger, then maybe, you're still here calling me Aya-chan and throwing plushies at me."

He covered his face then sat down in front of your grave.

"This is annoying. I want you here. I want you beside me."

He stared at the grave.

"I want you back, (Name)."

He tried suppressing the tears, but it won't just do.

"But that would be impossible right?"

"I love—"

"Look out!"

He felt a soft ball hit the back of his head.

"The fuck! I'm in the middle of having a moment and you fucking—"

"Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!" She kept on saying as she bowed down.

He looked down at her then saw how her hair was a little shorter compared to '(Name)' but it was in the same color.

"The hell? I don't believe in reincarnation or such but, what's your name?" He frowned at the petite girl as she twirled the hem of her skirt.

"E-Eh! I'm (Name)." She murmured but loud enough for him to hear.

He quickly smiled then offered his hand, "I'm Ayato Kirishima, nice to meet you again, (Name)."

"Eh?! Have we met before?!" She surprisingly yelled, but still shook hands with him.

"Yeah."

"See you again." He waved as he left the place, smiling.