I'm Here

—revised

"Be careful. I love you." Ayato said before running towards the other ghoul investigators as you ran towards Sasaki Haise.

You were bleeding to death. And for the first time in your entire ghoul life you felt scared. Scared of death.

You gave a pathetic smile towards the white-black haired man and glanced at your wound.

"You've really changed Kaneki, from a weakling to a total asshole. You're like Arima, tch." You clicked your tongue and stared at him.

"Jeez, bad-mouthing my superior, stop it you feisty ghoul." Kaneki Ken said or rather known as Sasaki Haise.

"You know? I pity you. You're about to kill someone who once and always have became your comrade!" You shouted, tears were streaming down your eyes.

"Damn it Kaneki! Why did you changed? Why did you have to? You treated me like your little sister! You protected me with Ayato! Why the hell are you trying to kill me?!" You shouted at him trying to make some sense.

He closed his eyes and held his quinque tight.

"Stop messing with my mind!" He yelled, but somehow not towards you but to something or someone else inside his head.

"Get out of my mind! Get out get out!" Sasaki yelled as he tried to break open his skull.

"Kaneki!" You yelled which made him stop and stare at you.

"(Name)-chan..." He muttered as he stared at you. You gasped, hugging him tightly as you kept on crying.

"Its alright nii-san." You said as you blacked out from losing a lot of blood.

"Nii-san?" You first said when you opened your eyes.

"Tch, it's me dum-dumb." Ayato said as he flicked your forehead.

You pouted. After a few seconds, tears started to fall from your eyes.

"A-Ayato? I-I'm alive?" You asked as you sniffed and pulled him by the collar for a hug.

"O-Oi! Baka! G-Get off!"

"Ayato, I didn't know. I thought I was dead. Ayato, I'm sorry. No I don't want to leave you." Your words were mixed up, you didn't even know of you're making sense due to the sudden burst of emotions.

"Calm down. I'm here." Ayato said as he hugged you back then patted your head.

"What happened?" You asked not even wanting to let go of Ayato.

"Well, Kaneki brought you to me. You were bleeding that time, and he said sorry." Ayato explained.

"And?"

"And I kicked him and stab him with my kagune."

You only stared before Ayato chuckled. "Just kidding."

"When I couldn't see anything, I was scared. I was only thinking of what you tole me. To be safe and yet—" You sobbed as you leaned on his chest, clutching his clothes in your clenched fists.

"Yeah, I was afraid I'll lose you too. I love you." Ayato muttered.

"What's that?" You looked up to him, wanting to here those special words he vaguely says.

He blushed then shove a pillow on your face.

"Don't make it sound disgusting."

"Yeah yeah I love you too, Aya-chan."