Under The Moonlight (Part I)

"Can you please remind me why I'm spending my paycheck for the whole month on a motherfucking really expensive gown again?"

Smirking, your friend crossed her arms as if scolding your foul mouth,  "You said you wanted Prince Ayato to notice you, amiright?"

As if a huge chunk of rock was dropped on your head, you gulped as you took out your credit card and with a heavy heart, gave it to the cashier in exchange of the ballgown you picked. 

"I'm regretting this, at the same time, I feel excited." You mumbled as you sobbed for your huge lost while hugging a neatly wrapped box near your chest.

"Too excited in fact, since you woke me up at 5 am when the mall opens up at 8." (Friend's Name) teased, making you glare and puff your cheeks, "W-Well, it's a special occasion!"

"Alright. Calm your horses. Let's grab something to eat."

At exactly 5 pm, you were already getting ready for the evening ball. You gasped once you stared at your reflection in the mirror. Your hair was down and curled at the tips, light make up was dusted on your face, and the purple ballgown decorated with blue jewels made your get up look even more gorgeous.

"Am I dreaming? Somebody, please pinch me."

Chuckling, your friend pinched you as you yelped, "What the hell?!"

"But you said—"

"Woah. I didn't recognize you for a second." You amazingly praised her as she twirled around, her white gown decorated with black ribbons fluttering in the air, as her braided hair waved side by side.

"Heh. I guess this happens to a person when they are deeply in love!"

You blankly stared at her before forming an "X" with your arms, "Weird."

"So mean!"

■□■□■

When you entered the palace, every castle in the fairytales you've watched ever since you were a kid, was put to shame. The ceiling was like the starry sky because of the glittering chandeliers, and the floor looked like it was made of gold, making you regret about stepping on it.

"Tell me if I'm in Heaven right now because, holy mackarel." Your friend commented as she approached the table full of sweets with you in tow.

After trying out several desserts, the lights started to dim and before you know it, the Royal Family was already at the spotlight. After a little introduction, the princes' started to lead the dance. Prince Ken is paired with the Queen, and Prince Ayato with their youngest and only princess.

As if time stopped, your breathing hitched as his purple orbs gazed upon your (Eye Color) ones. If one were to accuse the prince as a magician, then you will gladly agree to it since his gaze kept you captivated.

Finally, you pulled away from his gaze and started looking for your friend, who happened to be having a small conversation with the white-haired prince. Approaching the two, you curtsied as a sign of respect, while (Friend's Name) introduced you to Prince Ken.

"Well then, may I borrow milady for a while?" He smiled, showing a perfect set of pearly-white teeth.

Nodding, "Oh sure your Highness. It's fine by me even if she went missing as long as she's with you."

The Prince chuckled, amused at how you gave your friend away. Glancing to your side, you saw how your friend blushed and you secretly nudge her arm, "Go get your happy ending darling."

As the two walked away, you left and head straight to the palace garden. Immersing yourself with the tranquil surrounding, you let out a sigh as you massaged your shoulder. Your only wish was to dance with Prince Ayato but then, who're you right? You're just a commoner, so why would someone of high standing notice you?

"I wanted to ask milady why she's alone. Do you not enjoy the party?"

Your eyes widened as you looked behind, only to meet the same purple orbs of the person you love. Feeling a little bit flustered, you quickly stood up and curtsied, trying your best to avoid eye contact.

"I–I, just don't feel like dancing your Highness. I'm sorry if my absence offended you."

"Then would you mind if I dance with you, my dear?"

"Huh?"

Your cheeks heated up as you saw Ayato's rare smile while he held out his hand. Hesitating, you reached out your hand and the Prince, ever so eager, placed it into his. He placed a hand on your waist as he held the other tightly.

"Follow my lead."

As the two of you bathed in the moon's light, the music was loud enough to serve as your background and you didn't have to worry on stepping on someone's gown since it was only the two of you.

Gaining all the confidence you have, you looked straight into his eyes, "Y-Your Highness, why did you follow me?"

A small smirk was seen as he twirled you around and wrap his arms on your waist, "Do you believe in love at first sight? Because when I laid my eyes on you, I think I fell into a forbidden spell."

■□■□■

Cliffhangers. I'm sorry. Harhar. I had this idea a long long time ago, but when I read MissChocoholicc 's Mikaela x Reader Fanfics, I got inspired and decided to make a drabble. Senpai, thanks for your glorious Mika fanfics, I feel so inspired. 😍

Part II coming up next. 💕