The New Beginning. Chapter 37.

((I drew the art above))

It had been about a week and Joe had become a good friend of yours...
You truly hoped that you would eventually be found...

You however... was told stories about how Joe had been before he had lost his height and half his face.
"Then... I met her...
The most beautiful girl in th world..." He smiled as you said. "Who was she?"
"Her name was Susan... Susan Siren..."

"Surely not that Susan Siren!"
"Yep that's her... she is such a beautiful creature.... and we had been dating for a while... but now there is another man in the picture and that man wants to win her heart... but... I won't let him... she's the only one who can love a face like mine..." He smiled at you and then sighed, looking away. "She is one amazing creature... we understand eachother... people say she's ugly when she shows what she really looks like but... I find her beautiful..."
He smiled... she seemed to make him so very happy.

You smiled and then you heard it.
Ms.Laughingstock....

You looked at Joe who was looking at you and you smiled brightly, grabbing his hand and pulling him with. Joe seemed very worried about this.
"Y...Y/n! I don't think I should come with!" He called as you both ran.
"Nonsense!! They will take you in and be kind to you!" "I...I don't think so!"

You stopped and waved down Ms.Laughingstock...
She stopped beside you and Percy jumped out from the top, not waiting for any ladders or anything...
And just runs up to you, hugging you tightly.
"Thank goodness you're safe..." He said gently. "I thought that crazy bitch had killed you..." You smiled and then he noticed Joe and growled, holding you protectively. "What the hell is he doin here?" Joe looked frightened and looked down as you introduced him. "This is Joe... he is no longer a Rubber Fish... he saved me Percy... he also said we were a cute couple!"

Then Joe looked embarrassed and gave you a look...

You explained what happened and Percy's frown slowly turned into an understanding smile. "I see... alright then Joe... welcome aboard the Ms.Laughingstock... if you want... you can join us...
But that's all up to you."

Then Joe looked at Percy with a smile. "R...really?" Percy nodded and then said. "But first... Let's put you back together again."

Joe tilted his head and then his eyes went wide. "Y...you'd do that?" Percy shrugged. "Well... it ain't gunna fix itself now is it?... I know a place that can restore you to your original state." Joe's eyes went wide and you smiled. C'mon Joe! Let's go and get the babies and hurry up!" You then were followed by the crew and Joe...

Soon you were sailing the seas once more...

Joe looked excited... and you were happy that he was...

Percy soon walked over.
"Now some things may not return... like your eye or a hand or something..." He said to Joe who eagerly said. "It's alright! I just wanna have my body back!"

Percy smiled. "Sometimes it seems that I forget that your still fourty five..." He laughed.
You were shocked... but Joe really was fourty five...

You soon made it to a cave and Percy led you and Joe off...

The cave was beautiful... blue crystals everywhere and sparkling water... Percy pointed to a place where the water glowed. C'mon Joe... let's get you fixed up... I want you to look into that water and tell me what you see...

So you all walked over and Joe crouched to look closer at it.
"I don't see anythi-AAAAHHH!!!!!!" You watched as Percy pushed Joe right into the water.
"PERCY WHAT DID YOU DO!?!?!" You scream as Percy only gives you a smile before pointing at the water.

The water was rising and soon... Joe's figure splashed out of the water... he looked like a normal human would... or well... sort of... he still had an X over where his eye should have been... he looked at his hands and then looked at both of you... he felt his face and his teeth, he started to slowly smile and tears started streaming from his face... he was so happy....

Percy seemed happy too and Joe walked over to you both... he looked so incredibly happy and Percy opened his arms...
Much to your surprise...
Letting Joe hug Percy. "Thank you... Thank you..." Joe repeated as tears streamed down his face.

You led him to the boat. And soon... Percy was helping Joe around the boat... teaching him... bonding...
You hoped that Joe would be as much as a friend to the crew as he had been to you....

Percy seemed to like him and the others were starting to warm up to Joe...
you were happy no fights had broken out...

You could only hope... you could only hope he could fit in