The Glow

Emma ran through the halls and out of the castle and out into the woods. It wasn't until five minutes of running that she saw her family standing inside a large circle that was created when they first arrived.  She walked into the clearing and it was Thor that first  saw her, "Is the deed done?" He asked her. 

"Yes, we have to leave now." She ordered Thor as she walked into the circle and Thor cried out for  Heimdall  or Guardian to open the bifrost. The next thing the Avengers saw was bright white light which meant they were on their way to Asgard. In a matter of seconds, they were looking at Heimdall pulling out his sword. Thor nodded at him and then walked right passed him as everyone else but Emma started to follow. Soon it was just Emma and Heimdall that was left.

"Have you forget something?" He asked and Emma just nodded her head no as she walked towards the exit. She got on the last horse that was waiting for her and processed to caught up to her family who were far up ahead. She only turned to look  back at the bifrost once  and then continued riding and soon entered the city of Asgard. The horse slowed down once they reached the city and stopped every once and a while to let people by. Emma tried to ignore the looks she was getting from  people as she passed by and was thankful she reached the palace without any more stops. She abounded the horse at the palace doors, hopefully, one of the palace guards can return him back to his stable.  

Emma made her way into the throne room as she passed maids and guards that remembered her from the  last time and gave her a look. As she entered the room full of warriors, Avengers, and well gods,  Emma felt slightly  uncomfortable when all eyes fell on her. She said nothing as she walked right up to the god sitting on the throne and bowed down and waited for him to tell her to get up. It never came instead Emma was pulled to her feet by the old god and to her surprise was tackled into a hug by her Uncle Thor. Emma felt like he was crushing her bones as he tightened his hug. When she was a child he used to pull her in for hugs like the one he was giving now and she would always squirm in order for him to let go but right now she didn't squirm at all. Emma let her uncle give her a tight hug that she hadn't received in ages and might possibly regret  later when her bones feel like jello.  

Emma stared into space as Pietro held her.  She slid her hand into her pocket when she felt something around and cold. She looked around to see her family resting with straight faces, each and every one of them had gone through a lot and Emma didn't know how to fix their home that looks like a dump.Emma got to her feet and walked into the empty bedroom that used to be Thor's childhood room. She pulled out the red stone from her pocket and just stared at it. She sat down on the giant bed as she breathed in and out.  Hot tears fell from her cheek as she pulled the tiny rock that was the size of her hand closer.  

"Emma?" A deep but sweet voice called out. 

"Did it hurt? When you woke up and found out all your friends are gone?" Emma asked as more tears fell. Steve sat down next his daughter and pulled her into a hug. He rested his chin on her head as she cried on his chest, "I did." 

"Will that pain ever go away?" 

"It won't go away completely, my little soldier." 

It was in those three words that Emma relaxed a little. 

"I missed you so much." Emma grabbed onto him tighter, "I tried to a brave soldier like you always taught me. I tried to make the best of the situation but there  were times  I believe I would never come home. Sometimes I thought I would be stuck there forever and during a time I tried to forget my other life. I think I lost myself along the way, I don't know who I am or what I want anymore." Emma said through tears.  

"You're Emma Rogers, my daughter, my little soldier, you are the reason I get every morning to face everything life throws my way. I fight to make this world a better place for you to live in. "

The room quite down so you can only hear Emma's wiping. 

"You know I was a totally different person when I went into the ice."

Emma looked up to see light blue eyes looking down at her, "I wanted what everyone back then wanted."

"And what was that?" 

"A normal family, normal life."

Emma looked down at the stone, "You wanted a normal life, huh?...With Peggy?" 

"How do you know about Peggy?"

"Bucky told me  about her. She was your first love before you went into the ice."

"Yes."

"Why didn't you ever tell me about her?"

"I didn't think you would have cared."

"I might have." 

"Well, I wish I told you then."  

"Rogers I-oh."

Both Steve and Emma turned around.

"What is it Stark."

"We have to go talk to Odin now." 

"I'll be right there." Steve reported as he turned to look at Emma, "Well you be alright w-"

"Yeah, just go." Emma sent him a reassuring smile as he got up and left the room. Emma looked down at the stone to see that  there were  a few tears fell on it. She went to wipe it off and took a big breath to come herself down.

"I wish things were back to normal," Emma whispered as she laid down on the bed. It didn't take long for the young hero to fall asleep because she was tired and hadn't slept in days. She didn't even notice when the rock started to glow a bright orange. 

Every second that passed by the glowing got brighter and brighter. 

                                                                                                        To Be Continued