Ten Years Ago

~~Ten Years later~~

"Why is it that we can't talk about my family?" The young girl that was about twelve years old asked the older man. 

"What are you talking about? We can about your family a lot." 

"No! Not Dinah, my real family!"

The older man sighed. "Sky we went over this already." The man answered as he got up from couch. Skyler walked over to the couch and sat next to Nightwing, who pulled her into a hugged. Skyler was always use to Nightwing doing something like that, she never really mind. Supergirl sat next to her. 

"I just want to know." the little girl  mumbled.

"Want to know what?" Kara asked. 

"About my family! My real one."

Kara looked into the little girls eyes it reminded her a lot of Emma. Sadness washed over her as turned away, Skyler noticed . She didn't understand why they kept the history of her family a secret. Skyler decided to keep her  mouth  shut as she turned to look at Nightwing. To her surprised she noticed that Nightwing was studying her. She give him and confused look. 

"You know that bracelet  was given to you by older sister." 

Sky's eyes lit up as she looked at the bracelet around her wrist. It had was a charm bracelet which she found quite cool. She turned her attention to Nightwing.

"Was she pretty?" Sky asked the older boy who was smiling  a little.

"Yes, she was beautiful and so was your mother." 

Sky smiled a little bit, at least she was getting something out of Nightwing that can help her picture what her family looked like. 

"What color was her hair?"

"Who's?"

"My sister."

"She had brown hair, well the last time I saw her she had brown hair."

The young girl nodded. "Who was she like?"

"She was brave,kind, and powerful." Kara answered the young girl.  Sky was a little shocked that Kara was even talking about her sister. Every time Sky would being her up Kara would always change the subject. No one ever talks about Emma after what happened 10 years ago. It brings back memories that they wish to forget.