Don't tell Batman

"Let me go!" I shouted. 

"Quiet!" one of her goons shouted.  He pulled me towards the edge of the bridge. Really? Now you chose not to work! Gosh I hate this powers. I can't use them when  most need them. 

"Let the lady go!" I heard someone say. I looked up but I totally  forget that I was wearing blindfolds. Dang it. 

"Throw her!" Lucy shouted. Oh that's not good. I felt someone grab me. 

"Have a nice swim."

And here we go. He pushed me over the edge. I held in my breath. I felt the cold water as it touched my skin. In a matter of a few seconds I was under water and I don't know what to do. My hands and feet were tried.  I felt someone's arm around my waist. Great once again I'm a damsel in distress. When we reached to the surface I gasped for air. When we reached land the blind folds were taken off. I blinked a few times. 

"What the hell were you think?"

"Hey! I not sure  who you are but I didn't ask them to throw me over the edge! Please the last thing I want to be is a damsel in distress! " 

"Well do you know why Lucy, her goons, and assassins are after you?"

"Wait what? Assassins?" 

"Yes. Now tell me why there after you?" he said as he untied the rope. 

"I have no idea why Lucy wants too... but I might  know why assassins are after me. "

"We shouldn't talk here."

"Why?" i asked him confused. 

"I don't want people to listen." was his answer.

"There no one here!" I shouted as I ran after him. 

~~ Somewhere far away from Gotham City~~

The men took off his red helmet and throw it on the couch and sat down. I looked around the room. It was a mess. Like very messy. 

"So tell me your name." 

"Now why would I do that? I've barely met you!" 

"And I saved your life." he said flatly.

I looked at the guy in front of me for the long minute. He had a domino mask on and he had a white or sliver strand of hair. I've barely met him....yet I feel like I've know him for years. 

"Fine. I'll tell you. Just tell me yours first."

There was a long pause.

"I'm Red Hood."

"I'm Emma Blair Rogers daughter of Captain America and Talia al Ghul."  I saw Red Hood flinch when when I said my mother's name. I tilted my head a little.

"You're the daughter of Talia al Ghul?" he asked.

"Yeah." 

A smiled appeared on his face. "Does Batman  know of your return, June?"

"I'm pretty sure he is-wait.....who are you?" 

"I've already told you."

"No. I mean your real name."

Red Hood chuckled. "I'm not telling. If you want to know--you have to figure it  yourself."

"Fine. I will." I said as I crossed my arm. I then walked towards the door but before I left I was stopped. 

"Don't tell Batman about me." He whispered into my ear. I looked at him a little confused. But I nod my head. 

~~Wayne Manor~~ 

"How's Tim?" I asked Alfred as walked into Wayne Manor. 

"His doing fine Miss."

"Alfred-- I told you to call me Emma." 

"It might take some time going use to it." Alfred then glanced at the clock." You know there still time for you to put on the cape and fight along side the batman."

"No thanks. I'm good for now. I'm going to see how Tim is doing."

I said as I walked up the stairs. I can't fight crime right now. I just don't think I fit in anymore and I don't think I'm fit to be Nightingale.

I opened the door to Tim's room.

"Hey Tim."

"Hi Emma."

"I just wanted to see if you were doing ok."

"I'm fine."

"Tim...did you ever see the guy how attacked you?" I asked him as I walked farther into his room and closed the door behind me.

"Not really. I remember you fainting and then I nothing."

I nod my head. 

"Why did you faint?" Tim asked me. 

"I don't know. It was weird.  I wasn't expecting that."

"Emma?"

"Huh?"

"I didn't see the person that attacked me but i heard some voices."

"Do you know what they were saying?"

"Not really....but they did say your name."

"My name?"

"Yes. Then something else but I can't remember that they said."  

"It's  ok Tim. I'm going to leave you to rest."