Make Something Up

I walked into the cave. It was three in the morning and someone-Nightwing- Decide to call me down here. 

"What is it?" I asked him. I noticed the first six member of Young Justice were here along with Batman.

"I'm sorry if we woke  you up."

"Nah I'm use it."  I said as I sneezed. Weird. 

"June you don't look okay to me."  Nightwing said as he touched my shoulder. Right when his hand touched my shoulder I felt a horrible  pain in my stomach. I gasped slightly. My arm instantly touched my stomach.

"June are you ok?"  

Emma?         

I heard someone say. I scanned the room. That voice? Wanda?

Protect them. Please Protect them. Be like the mother I could have never been for them. I lied to them,Emma. 

 Wait what are you talking ab-You were the one how told them I was there mother?!

It was the only way. Please don't tell them the truth. Emma promise me.

I don't know.

Emma....Please.

I .. Wanda I .... won't tell them. But Wanda they will know someday.

Thank you.    I heard her whisper. Weird how all this is going on in my head. The pain in my stomach was still there but  I couldn't her Wanda's voice anymore.  That could only mean one thing.  The Young Avengers are in trouble. I quickly ran towards the Zeta tubes. Ignoring  the pain in my stomach. I rushed into the bat-cave to see Kathrine and America on the ground. I was at  their side in a second. 

"Kathrine?!America?!" I shook them.  Kathrine woke up first.

"You ok?" I asked her worried. 

"I'm fine." 

"What happened here?"

"Someone attacked..."

"Who?"

".......Red... Hood ."

My eyes widen. 

"He took both Wiccan and Speed..... He shot Wiccan in the stomach."

So that's why my stomach hurt. I helped Kathrine and America up. 

"Are you hurt? Did he touch you?" I asked them.

"No. He just...."

Kathrine didn't finish her sentence because  tears started to  fall down her face. They both looked very scared. I pulled both of them in for a hug. What did Red Hood do to scare them so much? 

"It's okay. He's  not going to hurt you anymore."

"He just took us out like if we were nothing. He said he was going to kill Wiccan and Speed if we didn't cooperate." America said as  she sniffled.

"It's ok he would hurt you anymore." I hugged them tighter. Alfred then came running to the Bat-cave. 

"Miss are you ok?" he asked with a worried face.

"I'm fine.. are you?" I answered. 

"Yes... I heard some screaming and when I tried to get down here the door wouldn't open."

I nod my head. Someone must have helped Red Hood. 

"Alfred?"

"Yes."

"Can you bring some tea?" I asked him.

"Of course. Right away."

"June? Is every........" Nightwing stopped talking. 

"NO! Wiccan and Speed are gone!" 

"What do you mean gone?"

"I mean gone-gone like someone took them!"

"How?"

"I don't know how! But I know the person who took them."

"Well let's go after them I'll call the team and w-"

"No! I have to do this alone. Watch America and Kathrine for me." I grabbed Kathrine's bow.

"June-you can't got out looking  like that."

"What's wrong with this?"  I asked Nightwing as I looked down at my clothes. 

"Nothing it's just I think you should were something else."

I was confused in what he meant. He probably noticed and opened his mouth again but Bruce didn't give him a chance to explain himself. 

"I think what his trying to say is that you don't want to make easy for someone to find you."

I was even more confused. "What?"

"I think they want you to put on the uniform." Kathrine said as she pointed to something behind me. I crossed my arms. For some strange reason I feel like this four people in front of me are working to together. 

"I think I'm good. Kathrine. America don't go anywhere. Ok?"

"No....we want to help." Kathrine said as he grabbed the cup of tea Alfred handed her.

"And you will by staying right here."  

"No. What if you don't come back?! Then what are we going to do? You can't leave us! Not again." Kathrine then placed the tea cup down and ran towards me and hugged. Very tight that it was hard to breath. What happened before? What does she mean leave them again? 

"Kathrine...I'll come back." I said as I patted her back. 

She nod her head slightly. " Can  you please at least  take back up?" 

I took a long look at Kathrine. I knew she wasn't going to let go unless I took back up.

"Already fine. I'll take back up. But you still have to remain here."

She smiled and let go of me. Alfred then took both of them up to the Manor. What does Kathrine mean by leaving them again? Did I know this children before?

"So should I call the team?" Nightwing asked. 

"Nope." I answered as I looked around the cave. "I'm still going alone."

"But y-"

"I know...Promise you wouldn't tell her...and if she asks then make something up."