Race

"Do you want food?" I asked the group of teenagers in front of me. They nod their heads. I brought them a plate all of fruit that I cut into little pieces. They all quickly grabbed a piece of fruit and shoved it into their mouth. 

"So do you guys go by something?"

"Young Avengers." answered Thomas as he shoved an apple into his mouth.

"Young Avengers? Huh. Are you guy trained?"

"Sort of."

"So you just  go onto the battle field and try your best to act like avengers?"

"We don't just act like Avengers anymore....We are Avengers." Wiccan said looked at me while he spoke.  I was a little confuse on what he mean by that. 

"New York is in ruins." Katherine said as she return the piece of apple. "The last battle between you, Cole , and Wanda left the city in ruins. And it wasn't just New York. Other places are the same way. It's like living in the medieval times. "

"New York is in ruins?!" I asked a little surprise.

"That's not even the scary part."  

"What is the scary part?" I asked Kathrine. 

"The Avengers are missing. All of them."

W-What? There missing? I got of the chair  and started to pace around the room. "There m-missing?"

William nod his head. 

"How long?" I asked softly. 

"One month-2 days- five minutes." Kathrine answered as she looked at her watch.

"We thought that we lost all Avengers and  that Cole killed you during the battle along with... Vision." America said as she got up from the chair. "And when we found out you were alive.....We just had to find you...we need you."

I looked at America and swallowed. I was speechless. A battle between me and Cole left New York in ruins. And now the Avengers are missing? What I'm suppose to do? I looked at William and Thomas who were looking at me.   

"How did you mange to find me?"  

"We don't know. We been trying to figure it out...we just remember running into Cole."

"Cole?...He must want something for me if he... sent you here. Did he say anything to you."

"Just to stay close to you." Thomas said as he grabbed a piece of pear. 

Weird. 

"And that it wouldn't be a fair fight." Kathrine quickly added. "But we have no idea what that  meant."

"But I did." I said as I looked at the four teenagers. "It means war."

Their eyes widen. 

"Come." I ordered them and  then started to walk away.

"Where are we going?" asked Thomas as he run ahead.

"To warn the others. Cole is unpredictable. We can be certain when he will attack. If he  send you here... It's because he want a fair fight."

"Fair? But his the  bad guy."

"With powerful abilities, Thomas."

We walked into the training room. Where Batman and Nightwing were standing there talking while everyone else was training with Black Canary.

"Batman."

He looked up. 

"I need to talk you.  Alone."