63 | Thomas

Dear Newt,

Have you ever seen a shrink?

You probably have, with that limp of yours. Not that I'm insinuating that you're the kind of person who's seeing a shrink, but—physical therapy, yeah? I'm pretty sure you've went through that.

Okay, so, I have this friend in the gay-straight alliance. Like, last year, he was going through some pretty damn hard stuff. I've heard from the others that's he's been kinda unstable, too, and even now, sometimes he'd be in the middle of talking, and then he'd stop to stare into space, and when he does that we just give him a quick nudge and then he'd be back to talking again.

Anyway, yesterday we met up to exchange gifts (he was absent during the GSA Christmas Party) and he imparted some wisdom his therapist gave him.

“You know, Thomas,” he said to me. “Sometimes, you just gotta accept that good things happen in life.”

So yeah.

You know, Newt? Sometimes, you just gotta accept that good things happen in your life. There are some things that will come into your life without your overthinking, alright?

We don't have to be dating or anything. We just have to be happy.

I'm not asking you to do anything. I'm just asking you to trust me.

Yours sincerely,
Thomas