Science Club

"Good afternoon, Tom."

"Hi. Teresa."

"...What're you writing?"

"Oh. Just my letter to Newt. His reply came in this morning, and I just want to keep talking to him before Christmas Break comes because they'll stop delivering the letters during break and that'll mean that I wont be able to talk to him. Which'll suck. I don't think I can go even one day without talking to him. He's such a cool guy."

"...well..."

"Should I get him something for Christmas? I want to thank him. For everything. But I don't want to seem all buddy-buddy. But he did say that he wanted to be friends. So I guess it's okay? Should I get him a sweater? How about one with the words PRECIOUS CINNAMON ROLL written on it?"

"..."

"Did you know? We met each other last night. Dowtown. At 12 in the morning. Haha! He looked so shocked when he saw me. Though I suppose it's mostly because of my pajamas. You know, the ones Rachel got me for my birthday? The fuzzy monkeys one? Haha! I totally forgot I was wearing them. But it's okay because Newt was really cool about it. He really is hella awesome."

"...He seems nice."

"I know right?! Good thing I got him as a pen pal. God, imagine if I got his friend Minho as a pen pal..."

"I can imagine."

"Teresa? You okay?"

"Oi, Thomas."

"...The fuck do you want, Aris?"

"Nothing in particular. I'm just here to inform you that your beaker's about to explode any minute now."

"...JESUS CHRIST!"

"*giggles*"

"Seriously, Teresa? You're going out with a nut like him?"

"Oh, shut up, Aris."

"You'd be better off with someone better. You've got a pretty face. It'll be easy to find an available guy who's better than Thomas. Why, there's me, for example."

"At least I'm not a conceited a-hole like you, Aris."

"Are you two boys fighting again? You know, it's like the two of you are an old married couple, but instead of being in love with each other you're both in love with Teresa."

"Shut up, Rachel."

"*sobs* They both talk at the same time now! Oh, they grow up so fast."

"Will everyone please be quiet? I'm trying to write here. Jesus Christ."

"Wow. Still buddy-buddy with your GHS friend?"

"Is that the one we attended a game for?"

"Apparently, yes."

"Much wow, Thomas. With the way you're acting and writing, it's like the two of you are hella gay for each other--OW FUCK! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!"

"Ah. Sorry, my hand slipped."

"THOMAS YOU JUST LITERALLY POURED HOT WATER OVER MY HAND."

"Like I said, my hand slipped."

"FUCK YOU."

"Please don't."

"Likewise."

"See? Even Rachel wouldn't want to be shagged by an conceited asshat like you."

"I'M GOING TO KILL YOU IN YOUR SLEEP TONIGHT."

"Oh, how scary, Aris."

"Hahahaha!"

"Why are you laughing, Rachel?! Shouldn't you be siding with me?"

"Go fuck yourself, asshat."

"AAAARRGGGHH."

"I was joking! Come back here! ARIS!"

"..."

"..."

"...Tom?"

"Mm. Teresa?"

"...Nothing."

"...?"

"Just happy to know you're here."

"...Me too, Teresa. Me too."