022 | Thomas

Dear Newt,

Here's a Snickers bar for you, Newt. I think it's the least I can give to you because hOLY CRAP NEWT I JUST HAD THE BEST NIGHT EVER LAST SATURDAY.

I won't go too much into details, but let's just say that I screwed up more than once during our date. Thank god Teresa was like, really chill and stuff. I daresay that she even found this awkward side of me really funny.

So Saturday night, I picked her up in my dad's tuxedo with the tie untied, and when she walked out of the door in her blue party dress she helped me out with the tie. I borrowed my dear friend Dean's Impala for that night, Newt, but I don't know, something about seeing Teresa in a navy blue dress under the stars made me sentimental, so I asked her if she minded if we walked to the venue. I'd half expected her to complaint about her feet and heels and stuff, but she just smiled and took my hand and led me out of their lawn, leaving Dean's Impala in front of their house. We must've looked crazy, walking out of the neighborhood in such formal attires.

We'd arrived at the restaurant and go to the seats reserved for us, and we ate mexican food while a band in the corner played The Cure's 'Just like Heaven' and maybe that moment really was just like heaven, with me and Teresa talking about nothing and everything, without having a care in the world. But of course, I should've expected that this night wouldn't have been perfect because suddenly shit started to go down.

After we ate she told me that she'd split the bill with me and me being nervous and all, I literally teared the bill into two. And then the waiter was like, "Sir what are you doing" and I'm like, "I'm splitting the bill with my date can't you see" and he's like, "With all due respect sir, I believe that is not how you split a bill" and I'm like, "oh."

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE. When I started walking her home and I accidentally stepped on a pile of dog shit in the park. And Teresa's laughing like, "Go on and wipe the dog shit off on the grass" and I accidentally activate the park's sprinkler system and got the two of us wet and the gardener got mad at us and chased us out of the park and when we got home I was expecting Teresa to get into the house and never talk to me again but you know what Newt? Teresa Agnes is full of surprises.

Before she went into her house she leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. "Thanks for tonight," she said. "That was the most fun I had in years. Care to do this again sometime?"

When Teresa walked back to her house, I couldn't help grinning. Out of impulse and happiness, I'd punched the hood of Dean's Impala and the alarm went off and I left a dent so when Sunday came and I returned the car to Dean he flipped off on me but I didn't mind. I didn't mind at all.

That was such a beautiful night, Newt. It was so magical, and it's all thanks to you. What can I do to repay you? I really have this feeling that I have to share this victory with you, Newt. I'll give you this Snickers bar for now, but I'll be expecting your wish in the next letter you'll be sending.

Yours sincerely,
Thomas

PS. Thank you, again. Thank you so much. You're a sweet cinnamon roll, Newt. You're too precious for this world. I owe my life to you. You're an angel.