The Mall

"Okay. So tell me, Thomas,"

"Mrrfffm?"

"Christ--get those curly fries out of your mouth. I need to ask you a serious question."

"...You, serious? Wow, you really are better during Christmas break, Rachel."

"Oh shut up. Why haven't I seen you or Teresa around?"

"Um, you're seeing me right now?"

"No. I mean, like, together. Why haven't I seen you together lately?"

"...Mrrrfffmmm...."

"Stop stuffing your face with food and look at me when I'm talking with you!"

"Ow! You're so mean! What's it to you, anyway?"

"What's it to me? Well, duh. The two of you are like, one half of this quartet. If you ever had a falling-out because of your stupid decision of rushing into a relationship, I don't think me and Aris can stand being a dynamic duo all by ourselves."

"...You think our relationship is stupid?"

"...Well, not the relationship itself, but you know. The way you handle it. You're a good friend, Thomas. But you're a really bad boyfriend."

"...Wow. I feel offended."

"Don't be. Friends tell each other the truth."

"Well, to be honest? I...uh...I don't feel anything anymore."

"Huh. You don't say."

"Don't get me wrong, though. I love Teresa. She's beautiful and smart and strong and I really admire her to the bottom of my heart, but--like you said--I'm a good friend, but a really bad boyfriend. And I don't want her to have that. Teresa deserves someone better, someone who loves her and does something about it. Does something to let her know they want her in their life. I thought that someone could be me, but I guess I was wrong the whole time."

".......Oh my God, Thomas. Are you..."

"..."

"...in love with someone else?"

"...............maybe."

"..."

"..."

"...You should end it."

"But I don't want to,"

"You'll be hurting more than one person's feelings if you don't."

"..."

"...Jesus, Thomas. The things you do behind our backs..."