i| Brisk Walking and Hurried Talking

London's regular outfit^^

Lily Collins as London^

Revised| 

I briskly walk along the stores lining the sidewalk and sigh in relief when I see a familiar alley. I duck my head and walk into it. As I lean against the wall, out of breath I open my bag and smile when my eyes find five wallets, two rings, three watches and six bracelets. I open a plastic bag and throw all the jewelry into it and then open up the wallets, I grab all the cash and count one hundred and sixty seven dollars... not bad.

I throw everything back into my bag and then walk towards the ATM. I open up my phone on the way there to confirm the camera is still broken from whenever a random guy broke into it and smile when I see it is. I slip on my gloves and stop in front of the street ATM. I swipe all the cards and only take some of the money out, enough for me, but not enough to alert the credit card agencies. I turn around and start my trek to the river

-

As I arrive to my destination I sit on a random rock and throw the cards into the gushing water one by one. After I look through the wallets one more time I hand them over to the fish and current. I sling my bag from my shoulder to my lap and check over the jewelry and then pass by the trees on my way to the pawn shop, and I don't notice the eyes on me.

-

I smile at the man as I open the door after selling the jewelry and start to head towards the subway entrance which is right next to the shop. I jog down the steps and instead of paying to get through I use my key to open the janitors closet. I move the mops and other cleaning supplies out of my way and smirk when I feel the ring to pull the trap door up. I yank it open and am greeted by the sight of an old rickety ladder accompanied with yelling, cheering and the smell of smoke.

I roll my eyes as I pass the fight going on and jog towards the stairs. I tread up them and knock on the office door and then walk in.

"What did you score today kid?"

Roger asks impatiently. I decide to ignore the use of the last word and respond by throwing the bag of money on the table.

"I got a little cash but a lot of jewelry. We agreed that I get all cash income, so I split the pawn money and kept half for myself."

Roger nods while opening the bag and counting the money while absently talking to me.

"I'll give the other gangs and mafia their share. Bye kid."

I grumble as I exit the room. He starts laughing and I roll my eyes before slamming the door shut.

-

After an hour or so of random walking I finally settle in the park. I sigh when I start to sketch and just let all the tension leave my body.