11

I called Soda at the DX.
R: "Hey Sodapop."
S: "This is Steve. Rosa is that you?"
R: "Yes. Can I talk to the Sodapop?"
S: "Fine. Hold on a bit."
SP: "Hi Rosa!"
R: "Hey Sodypop!"
SP: "What do ya want honey? I have work."
R: "Thanks for sugary pancakes. I got great laughs. Especially from Dal. Any—" I had to yell at Two-Bit to shut up.
"Anyway, talk later!"
SP: "Bye sis." I hung up.
"Great laughs from Dal?" Dally asked.
"I'm headed out!" I yelled.
"Gotta a blade?" Crap nope. Soda has it, I think.
"No but my fists are better!"
"You sound like Superman."
"Who?"
"Sorry, Darry. He's also called muscles." Huh. Cool. And I left.

I walked down the road and came across a lot. There was a person.
"Hey. Who are ya?"
"It's me, Johnny. Hi Rosa."
"How's it been?"
"Poor I guess. Dad got to me." He had a busted lip and bruise on his cheek. I sat and stared the sky. Until a white mustang pulled up.
"Run," Johnny whispered.
"Hey! Stupid socs! Can't catch me!" They saw me. A beautiful girl and ignored Johnny. So I ran. 5 big dudes chased me. But one tackled me.
"Well well well. Nice to see ya. Stupid white trash. Want a hair cut, grease?" Oh they did not just! I tried to get loose and did, but one had a hold of my leg and my chin hit the ground.
"Stupid girl." They swore at me and I swore back, taking a few punches to the face. He tried to touch me. You do not do that to me. Sure, I had a broken chin and bruised face but oh man. Anger welled inside me.

I had given him a black and blue face and as a reward, I got hit with pipe. And just before I blacked, I felt the blade on my neck slide (not deadly)  and them curse and run.

When I woke up, I still laid on the street. Blood on my shirt and a hurt chin. I tried to sit up, but my ribs must have been cracked. I tried to get to a house but I was on the side of the rode near nowhere.

The DX sign glowed in the distance. I didn't look forward to what was to happen. but I realized I was crying. Stupid girl. The voice echoed. Creepy. But I was hurt bad.

I tried to walk and could barely get anywhere. People yelled but a woman, not a Soc or greaser, stopped and I walked up to the window.

"Hon, can I take you somewhere? Are you alright?"
"To the DX please and I'm alright. Just a small run in with west siders."
"Okay hop in."
"Thank you so much Ma'am."
"It's alright. Why here?"
"My brother works here. He'll drive me home and fix me up." She nodded. I gave her a couple dollars but she said no.
"You're a greaser. You need it." She didn't have a tone of hate when she said it. I smiled. And limped in.