8

Rosa's POV

"Well, well, well... Ya lost, grease?" Now, I wished it was my brother's who'd found me. Not the socs. One flicked out a blade.
"Any words?" I glared. He moved so quickly that I had a gash in my arm. I hit and punched till they ran. I had dropped my blade.

My arm was sorta bad. A bit of pressure and the bleeding slowed. But as I sat back against a wall, I realized how much hunger has developed. Would anyone find me? I was lost.

Tears welled up. Tears from 8 years ago, from my first black eye, from the funeral, from anger, all of it. I sobbed quietly. For 10 minutes I let all of it out. I felt better. No one could judge me now but I wanted my brothers so badly. Honestly, I'd take Dallas right now. Or even Steve. Or any greaser willing to help me!

I didn't yell so anymore socs wouldn't find me. My short sleeves didn't keep cold out. Glad I had a jacket. My pants did too but I hated this. my arm quit bleeding but not hurting. I hit a wall in the maze. My hand now throbbed.

All these abandoned houses must have at one point been busling with happy families. Happy, happy families.

I curled up against the wall and slept in hopes that I'd be found be Soda or Pony.

Soda's POV

Rosa got up and flew out the door. Pony was the first to react. He ran out. I darted after Rosa and so did everyone else. We could not almost lose another friend.

She did know where the lot or park was! I cussed and Darry glared.
"She ain't going to the lot or park! She don't know where they are!" Darry and Johnny both now had worry on their faces.

I watched as she grabbed a pole, swung around, and dipped into the maze of alleyways. (Pretend there were alleyways) Pony stopped in front of it.
"No. No. No." He said.
"Who here knows these alleys?" Darry yelled. Dally raised a hand then said,"So does Buck and the Sheperds."
Great. That meant Buck, Tim, Curly, and Dally all hunting for sis. But Dally was headed toward Bucks. We all followed.

----inside-------------------->>>>>>>>
The music was loud and Dally seemed so at home here.
"Buck, wanna scope the alley for a girl who doesn't know you but has three older brothers who'll kill you if you touch her?" Yep. That's us!
"What's in it for me?"
"I'll buy 16 beers."
"8 are mine for a deal."
"Fine. Where's the Sheperds at?" And just like that, they walked in and sat.
"Hey... Darry??" Tim said.
"Don't get drunk yet. I'll buy ya 4 beers each if ya help me." They both nodded.
"With what?"
"We know the alleys and Soda's little kid sister ran into them."
"Really! Socs walk in them! And what kid sister?"
"Our long lost one."
"Okay. Get ready and Winston, 4 each. Got it?" He nodded. So, we headed to the alley. Rosa, we're coming.