2

School is not a big part of this book. Pony won't be mentioned in school often. But, he may be in it during some scenes, though unmentioned.

Pony's POV

Darry has been weird all day. Soda to, and I know something is up. They act like nothing's wrong but I can tell the secret is big. I mean seriously! Soda is a book!

But, I walked into the main room and stared at the black and white photo of me, Soda, Darry, Mom, Dad, and Rosa. She was such a mini Sodapop. She was always happy... But the state took her when mom and dad died. Age.

But I was interrupted by the door slamming and being tackled by Two-Bit. I tried escape but that was not possible.
"SODAPOP! DARRY!"
Both heads looked in to see Two-Bit and I on the ground.
"Geez Two. Lay off my kid brother will ya?" Soda said sarcastically.
"Two-Bit, off my kid brother before I have to deal with ya." Two-Bit was off me so fast.
"Horrible defense, Pony! Hitting me won't help!" Chuckles came from the door as Johnny and Dally came in.
"Maybe I oughta get him a blade, Darry." Dally suggested.
"Get him one or steal him one?"
"What's it to ya?" Silence was the answer. Soda then ran out and again, I was on the ground.
"Is it pick on Pony day?"
"Naw, your just my kid brother. I'm allowed to do this." Allowed may be stretching it. So we begin to wrestle. I could take on Soda. And soon, I had him pinned on the ground. H

That did not last long. Steve walked in and soon a full on war started. I sat by Johnny on the couch and watched them. No one noticed the phone ring except me and Darry. I got to it first. Then yelled at everyone to shut up. And they did.

Pony: "Hello?"
Person: "Are any of you the Curtis members?"
Pony: "I am. Why?" Everyone stared.
Person: "Could I see Darrel Curtis?"
I handed the phone to Darry.

Darry's POV

I knew this call was coming. Rosalyne, pur sister, reached an age so that we can get her. I let Soda in on it but I wonder how long he can keep it secret.
(Darry:D Person:P)
D: "This is Darrel."
P: "Rosalyne is packed. When are you coming to get her?"
D: "Around 2 pm."
P: "Great! She'll have lunch then do free time until you're—" I heard yelling and picked out the word 'fight' and 'quiet'.
P: "Sorry. Until you're here."
D: "Do they know that it's us coming?"
P: "No. She thinks it is just a foster home."
D: "Great! Bye."
P: "Bye."

Soon I was flooded with questions on what it was about. All I said was you'll see. I can not wait to see everyone's faces when the girl gang member returns. Especially Pony's. Soda knew but we had no idea what she looked like.

Used to, she had the hair Soda has now and blue eyes. But people grow out of things. Not the eyes though.

I smiled and and sat to read the paper. Ignoring stares and glared I was getting.