my girl's your girl//aleks marchant & james wilson

a/n~ i know it's been a while. i hope this makes up for it. In memory of Cow Chop, thank you for everything. I'm still gonna write about them tbh.

RATED: PG

You erupted into a fit of giggles as James tickled you, a broad smile across your face. "James!" You exclaimed as he pulled you into a hug, "You have to get to work." You two were at the Cow Chop house, and because of your job as assistant manager and production coordinator, you were used to reminding the guys to get their shit together. You faced a now pouting James, obviously more interested in his girlfriend than anything else. Rolling your eyes, you pushed him away, causing him to groan under his breath. 'Y/N, Baby I-"

He's cut off by the sound of Aleks making a ruckus as he enters through the front door. The three of you look up towards each other, and Aleks instantly tenses up when he sees James's arms wrapped around yours. 'Al," You started to say, making your way towards him. 'I know how you feel about-" Aleks shakes his head, pulling you into a hug. "Shh, princess, I'll be okay." He pulls away, turning to walk upstairs. You sigh as he goes, biting your lip nervously.

You and Aleks had been friends longer than you had even known James. He had gotten you this job; he had introduced you to the guys; you were nothing without Aleks. When the two of you had "accidently";  although Aleks claims he did it on purpose, bumped your carts together at the grocery store, you had hit it off instantly. Regardless of the fact that he was significantly older than you, you were nineteen, you two became close. You were often his plus one to parties, including the party.

He once brought you to a house party a few minutes from the creatures office, back when the two of you had worked there. He had picked you up from your house, your overprotective brother breathing down your neck as he gave you away. The two of you arrived, and they handed Aleks two beers. He offered one to you and you politely declined, half because you were underage, the other half because you knew Aleks would get hammered. An hour into the party, he was slightly drunk and wanted out. He could see you were not having the greatest time babysitting him. You drove his car to a nearby park and the two of you played on the swings for a while; him insisting that you sat on his lap instead of the swing next to him. He had kissed you that night, and you were certain he would ask you out sometime soon.

That didn't happen, obviously. Something had changed, and you ended up getting closer with James once Cow Chop was conceived. You had spent a good handful of late nights with James for the channel until he finally had the guts to ask you to dinner while you were discussing reveal video ideas.

And all that leads you here, to this moment, right now. Sitting against the door, listening to Aleks and James talking, next to Trevor, for moral support. "I wish I just went out with you Trev," you muttered, pressing your ear against the door. He smiles, laughing softly. "Oh I do too, it's not just you."

Aleks screams aggressively, and Trevor sends you a reassuring smile. "I bet James is just being James again, don't worry." He takes your hand in his and squeezes it softly. "You know how they fight sometimes. They're best friends. There's no way this is about-"

"You don't even appreciate her the way I do. You don't know her the way I do!" You can hear Aleks pacing as he screams towards James. "The girl's too young to drink and yet she takes care of me when I'm drunk! Have you ever asked her why she loves swings so much, asshole?" Trevor sneakily opens the door a little so you both can peek inside. James is sitting in Trevor's editing chair while Aleks is pacing in front of him. "Aleks looks agitated," You muttered, trying to keep your voice down so the pair wouldn't hear you.

"No, I didn't ask her. She's childish, I just assumed she has her reasons." James responds, rubbing the back of his neck. "Tell me Aleksandr, why does she love swings?" Aleks laughs in response, running his fingers on the headrest of the chair. "Took her out once, kissed on the swings, apparently, it was her first kiss" Trevor turned to you, wide eyed and in need of confirmation. You smiled softly and nodded towards him, your heart fluttering at that memory.