te quiero//dan howell

a/n~ thanks to @dreamyhowell for giving me this little idea, and i would like everyone else to know that i am completely open to direct messages with your prompts! i needed a little break from the creatures, so here i am, back to my roots. i apologize for my Spanish One knowledge and my very basic knowledge of Lacrosse, but hopefully, you enjoy, vote, comment and share this story with your friends!

Rated: PG-13

You walked down the hall, pushing your glasses up. You stopped at your locker, swiftly putting in the combination. "Hey there beautiful." You groaned, opening your locker. "Hi Daniel." You said, gritting your teeth. The tall boy leaned on the locker to your left, which just happened to be his. "It's Dan, but you can call me tonight." You snorted, shaking your head. "Daniel Howell, What the hell did I deserve to get this?" You asked, slamming your locker shut. "You're the prettiest girl in school, that's what."

He combed his fingers through his hair, attempting to smile at you sweetly. You sighed, smiling softly in return. "Thank you, but I'm pretty sure I'm not your type." You turned to walk away, but he had reached out and grabbed your hand. Looking back over your shoulder, the boy's face had turned desperate, Sighing, you turned back towards him, yanking your hand away. "And... I might need help in Spanish," you scoffed, turning back around, "(y/n), please. wait." you groaned, walking up to the boy "What Howell?" He bit his lip, fumbling with his fingers. "I can't try out for the lacrosse team if I don't get my grade up in Spanish," he added, rubbing the back of his neck. "Will said you helped him raise his Spanish grade. Maybe you could help me with mine? I promise it'll be worth your time."

You shook your head, "Only cause Will's my best friend and he plays lacrosse too." The boy looked at you, confused. "Wait, so, you'll tutor me (y/l/n)?" You nodded, laughing softly. "Yes Howell, I'll tutor you"

/////////////////////////

"Wait what?" Dan asked as you leaned over the table, obviously paying more attention to the fact that you were in shorts and a tank top rather than the Spanish you were helping him. The two of you were sitting in the living room of your house, and you had changed out of your school uniform, but Dan was still sporting the tie and the dress pants. "Dormir is a boot verb, which means all the conjugations for it, expect the nosotros and vosotros forms change. The o in dormir turns into a ue, like the verb jugar." Dan nodded, biting his lip, "So the yo form is duermo," he muttered, watching you walk around the table. "Yes!" You exclaimed happily, smiling down at him "Lax boy is actually learning something!" He looked up at you and shook his head, a gigantic smile on his face. "me encanta español!" you laughed at him, hitting his arm playfully "no me mientas, Howell."

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
"Como se dice Where is the pencil sharpener en español?" you asked Dan, sitting next to him on his couch. The two of you had gotten closer as the weeks passed by, and you had started to fall in love with Dan. He had started to grow on you, dick jokes and all. You two spent a lot of time together outside your little tutoring sessions, watching movies together or walking to the park. He hated it, but you still managed to slip in a little Spanish every single time. He groaned, pulling you into his lap, "¿Dónde está la sacapuntas?" he asked, twirling your hair around his fingers. "Si! Muy bien mi amigo!" He looked at you, smiling widely. "Amigo? That's a step up from being called a trash can." You giggled in return, hitting him playfully, "you're demoted back to trash can." "DAMN IT"

/////////////////////////////
"¡Hola! Me llamo Daniel Howell. Tengo dieciséis años. Me gusta mucho practicar deportes, especialmente jugar lacrosse. Yo soy muy atrevido y deportista y guapo también." You scoffed. Dan was practicing for his Spanish speaking test, which was worth 200 points. This was the make or break point in the semester, finals were in two weeks and if he didn't pass Spanish, he could kiss his lacrosse dreams for next semester goodbye. "Daniel, tú no eres guapo," You commented, biting on the bottom of the pencil you were using to write down his mistakes. "Cero que si! Pero, usted es la chica más hermosa que he visto en mi vida" You blushed softly "Dan, no me mientas." He shook his head, sweeping you off the couch, and pulling you into his arms. "no estoy mintiendo (y/n). tú eres mi amor," He shortened the gap between you two until you were kissing. You were taken aback by this at first, but you kissed him back once you got comfortable. "You've gotten good at your Spanish, Howell" You said once the two of you had pulled apart for air. "It's all thanks to you, (y/l/n)."

////////////////////
You were standing at your locker, putting in your locker combination, when someone slaps their hand against the door, starling you. Looking up, you frown at the familiar face "Howell..." you mutter, groaning. as much as it pained the both of you, you and dan hadn't come out as a couple yet. you were known as his Spanish tutor to his lacrosse friends and to your drama friends, he was just another lax boy. "Guess what (y/l/n)?" He said excitedly, grabbing your hand. You glared at him, trying to remind him that you two were in the hallway at school and not the couch at home. He shook his head "I made varsity lacrosse! I got out of first semester Spanish with an A+" You smiled proudly at him, flinging yourself into him. "Really?! I'm so proud of you," He held you tightly, kissing your cheek. "Our first game is this Friday," He said as you pulled away, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear. "You're going to be there, right?" You gave him a confused look. "Why? I'm just your-" he cut you off, half angry, half desperate. "(y/n), come on! all the other guy's girlfriends are coming." he smiled sweetly, "Fine, but only cause will's there." He smiled deviously, "You're there for me. You're my girl, not Will's," The bell rang and he waved, running off to his next class, leaving you standing in the middle of the hallway, wondering what the hell had just happened.

/////////////

"GO DAN!" You cheered from the stands, watching the boy with the number 7 on his back and your best friend run down the field. The game had sixteen seconds left and the boys were tied against the school's biggest rival. The time seem to stand still as Dan shot the ball into the back of the net, as the buzzer sounded.

You and the rest of your school stormed the field, running as fast as you could so you could make your way to Dan. He saw you coming, and he dropped his stick to the ground to pick you up and twirl you around. "I'm so proud of you Dan!" He smiled as he took off his helmet and kissed you, in front of the entire school. Your heart was beating out of your chest when he pulled away, and he quickly wrapped his arms around you so you wouldn't fall. "(y/l/n), quick question." he said as the rest of the lacrosse team, including your friend Will, surrounded you in a semi circle. You laughed, shaking your head, "Have at it Howell."

With help of the cheer team, the rest of the boys held up a banner that read "Will You Be Dan's Girlfriend?" You covered your mouth, smiling happily as Dan asked "¿Tú serás mi novia?" You nodded quickly, tears streaming down your face, "Yes!" Dan shook his head, "En español por favor" "Sí!" He kissed you again, smiling against your lips as the entire stands erupted into cheers. "te quiero, (y/n)" you laughed, kissing his cheek. "yo te quiero más, dan."