"Nah. Scream Queens," I'm already putting my make up in place. "Where are we going?"

"Well. I want a pretzel. So Halle Café. Then I think we should just go for a long stroll."

"No particular destination?" I stare at my reflection. Yeah, pink is a good color on my lips. It's even bringing out the beauty of the pink rhinestones on my blue veil.

"We'll go wherever the wind takes us. Ugh, Paulina, leave your reflection alone, you look good."

"I know," I wink at her and quickly snatch my phone from the bed.

"Bye, mom!" Vanessa shouts as we quickly walk down the stairs. I'm pretty sure Georgia didn't even hear us but that's Georgia for you. Movies mean a lot to her. Netflix is her life. If not for my dad, it would be her soul mate. Her bae. Her boo in training.

"No really. The last time we hung out, it ended with us running from the police because of the graffiti you made us do."

"Hey, it was worth it! Don't pretend like you didn't like writing out Kenneth Hall has a small prick in capital letters!" Vanessa chuckles at the memory and I force myself to keep quiet.

"Yeah yeah, it was worth it, whatever. But it really was one of my weaker moments."

We lock the door behind us and walk towards the Café. An old couple walks out as we finally step on the pavement and they smile at us.

"Good afternoon! Are you twins? You look alike in a very uncanny way!" the old woman says. Her voice is shrill but friendly and she looks like a complete sweetheart. A wrinkled sweetheart but a sweetheart nonetheless.

"Nope. Stepsisters," Vanessa answers for us both. She always has a way of putting the step right before the sister. At a point, it hurt because I consider us blood sisters considering the fact that we're close enough. But I learned to get over it quick enough.

The old man eyes us both. He doesn't smile but his green eyes sparkle. "Well. That's nice. Stepsisters with obvious...diverse opinions and you seem really close. Maybe there really is hope for this generation."

My heart swells at the compliment and judging by the way Vanessa practically grins, I can tell she's very happy with the man's words too.

"Thank you," I say for both of us. "It means a lot."

"No, thank you. Have a nice day!" the old sweetheart smiles at us and turns away with her husband who gives us a large wave.

Well. At least I hope he's her husband. They would make such a cute couple. I ship them.

Vanessa bumps my hips with hers. "I'm hungry, I really need the pretzel. You staring after an old couple isn't going to change my stomach's status."

I roll my eyes. "You're talking about hunger, try fasting."

She shudders. "No thanks."

I chuckle and walk into the Café, bracing myself for the aroma that will undoubtedly make my tummy cry in pain.

Cinnamon rolls. Espressos. Buttered cream puffs. So many different recipes and yet, they all come together to form one beautiful scent.