XXIX.| boss man

"Y'all make sure we have a good time. My babies graduated." Tiffany yelled turning up the music.

There was a DJ, tables were set up with food and other tables for people to sit.

Quincy.

"Aye Q, I thought that was your bitch." one of his old friends said pointing to Jade sitting on Darryl's lap , laughing at whatever was so funny.

"Don't call her no bitch man, but nah she his now." He laughed.

"Damn, how you let that pretty nigga take your girl." He laughed.

"I fucked up. I was fucking other people and she wasn't with it." Quincy shrugged.

"You want her back?" His friend asked.

"I did, but she don't want me so I ain't gone keep bothering her. It's not like I don't know why she left me. It was my fault." He said.

"You need to go talk to her, if that nigga let her breathe anytime today. " he laughed.

Luckily, Jade got off Darryl's lap and started to walk into the house.
Quincy got out of his seat and went in the other way , so she wouldn't see him.

She went to the downstairs bathroom and he stood outside of the door and waited for her.

"Hey Jay." He spoke as she walked out of the bathroom.
"Happy Birthday."

"Thank you." She said awkwardly and started to walk away, but he grabbed her hand and pulled her into his direction.

"What do you want Quincy?" an irritated Jade semi-yelled.
He backed her into the wall , still holding her hand.
"You don't miss me Jay?" he whispered nestled into her neck.

"Quincy please don't do this. Get off of me." She pushed.
"Nice necklace, he bought this for you?" He asked rubbing his fingers across the necklace.

"Yes it was a birthday gift." Jade scoffed still trying to walk away from him.
He grabbed her again and pulled her into his arms and kissed her.

Jade pursed her lips and protested , connecting her hand with Quincy's face once he pulled back from her.

She could see the rage in his eyes once she slapped him, he held a stronger grip on her wrist and threw her up against the pushing her face into it.

A/N: like the cops do when you get arrested.

"Darryl ain't in here to kill me now." He growled in her ear.
"All of my family is here, if you do something they'll know." She cried, because he was hurting her.

"You been fucking that nigga huh?" He laughed.
"Are you? You don't have to lie to me." He growled.

"Yes." She replied.
"Damn. I done lost you forreal." He laughed , letting her off the wall.
"I fucking hate you." She sniffled before walking out.

She tried to dry her tears before she reached the table with Darryl. She didn't want to notice, because she knew he would end Quincy right here, right now.

She walked back to the table with Darryl and sat on his lap and wrapped her arms around his neck with her head in his chest, crying silently.

He snaked his arm around her waist and continued laughing with Pistol. He turned to Jade noticing the tears in her eyes.

"What's wrong love?" He asked raising her head to look into her deep brown eyes.
She nodded her head , implying that nothing was wrong.

But he knew better, it was her birthday and he didn't want to see less than a smile on her face.

He cupped her face in his hand and kissed her all over her face , making her laugh.
He laid her on his lap and started to tickle her sides.

"Baby stop. I have on a dress." She laughed. "You gone tell me what's wrong?" He asked pulling her dress down and continued to kiss and tickle her.

"I'll tell you when we get home." She whispered.
She didn't want tell him because she knew how he would react. Darryl hung out with her dad, so she already knew he was nothing to play with , before she saw for herself.

"Why you so quiet Jay?" Tia asked
"No reason. I'm just tired." Jade lied.

Soon the party was over and everyone started getting ready to leave.

"Damn, my feet hurt. I should have changed shoes before we came here." Jade said taking off he heels and holding them in her hand.

"Want me to carry you? It's still your birthday." Darryl smiled.
Before Jade could answer, he whisked her up in his arms and started to carry her to the car.

"I got one more surprise for you at the house. It's from ya pops." He whispered and eyes lit up.

"My daddy got me something?" She asked excitedly.
"Yeah, he made Erica hook something up for you."

Her excitement made him anxious to get home and give her the surprise gift.

"Y'all heading out?" Pistol asked walking up to Darryl.
"Yeah we was about to head to the crib." Darryl said.

"Tia had said that she wanted to us to go out." Pistol replied.

"Who?" he asked.

"Me , you, her and Jay. I think she had planned something. Only if y'all down though." He said.

"You wanna go bae?" He asked.
"Yeah I want to change though. These heels gone kill me." She laughed.

"Aight I'll take you to the house first." Darryl said.
"Oh no, it's okay. I have clothes here." She said jumping out of his arms.

"Aight." He said letting her go.
"I won't be long." She said kissing his lips then walking away.

Quincy , who was on the other side of the street watched her as she walked in the house.

Darryl noticed this and raised up his shirt, exposing the gun in his pants.

Quincy laughed at him and started to walk across the street in their direction. Patch made sure he secured his gun.

"What's the problem? We got beef behind Jay?" Quincy laughed

"We ain't got beef behind Jay. I just don't like you. Pussy." Patch said curling his lip at Quincy.

"Don't matter if we did or didn't, I still remember how the pussy was." He shrugged.

Patch whipped out his gun, but Pistol stopped him.
"How bout y'all just fight like two real niggas. It don't matter to kill him P. Jay going home with you tonight. " He said pushing him back so that he wouldn't pull it out.

"Yeah you right. Jade coming home with me tonight. Where she lives." He laughed making Quincy jealous.

He took his gun off his pants and put it under his seat.

Before they could start to fight Jade and Tia started to walk towards them. Patch never wanted to expose Jade to that side of him so he let Quincy make it once again.

"I'm ready baby." She said as she walked up to him.
He pulled her into his arms and kissed her , placing one of his hands on her ass.

Looking dead at Quincy as he did it. "Yeah baby. Let's go." He said opening the door for her.