XXVII.| end of an era.

"Baby wake up." Darryl said shaking Jade awake.
She didn't budge , she sunk her head under the blankets not paying attention to her impatient boyfriend.

He rubbed her thighs and she stirred. "Baby get up. It's ya big day and you gone be late." he said kissing her forehead.

Not only is it Jade's 19th birthday, it's also her graduation day and Darryl couldn't be more excited for her.

Finally she arose and rubbed her eyes. "Goodmorning Princess." Darryl kissed her forehead and she blushed.

"What time is it?" She mumbled.
"9:00 am." Darryl said nonchalantly and Jade flew out of the bed. "Omg I'm late. I'm late." She panicked, racing around the room to find everything she needed.

She quickly slipped into the white dress that Darryl had gotten her and straightened her hair.

Darryl couldn't help but stare the dress extenuated her curves and the White looked amazing on her caramel skin.

He walked up behind her as she stood in the mirror wrapping his arms around her.
"You know what would make this dress look ten times better on you?" He whispered.

"What?" She looked up at him in the mirror. He pulled a black box from a drawer below the mirror and help a gold chain with "Jade" written in small cursive.

"Happy Birthday."he said clasping the necklace around her neck and then kissing it. She looked down to admire the necklace and then turned around to face her man.

"Thank you. I love it, but you didn't have t-" Darryl raised his finger and cut her off.
"You my girl and your daddy asked me to take care of you. Ima give you the world." He said placing a hand on her chin and kissing her softly.

She put her arms around his neck and deepened the kiss, forgetting that she had somewhere to be and that she was late.

Finally , she pulled away and slipped on her nude peep-toe pumps and her cap and gown.
"See you later babe." She said kissing his cheek and running out.

Little did Jade know that after she graduated, Darryl had a plethora of surprises for her. She had to get to the auditorium early for graduation practice, Darryl would come soon after.

A/N: idk how they do it at other schools but we graduate in the auditorium of Texas Southern University.

"Damn bitch, I thought you'd never get here." Tia rolled her eyes.
"I overslept." Jade sighed.
Lucky for her , they had just started practice and the principal didn't notice her tardiness.

Since the both of their last names began with J's they would be sitting together. Once practice was over , it was time for the families to arrive.

The was it, the end of high school.
They got in line just like they had practiced before, so that they were able to take their seats.

All the speeches , pledges and all other unnecessary talking went by like clockwork and it was time for the moment of truth.

"Terrance Brown." When Pistol's name was called his whole family was there rooting for him, because they thought he couldn't do it.

"Quincy Crooks." Jade rolled her eyes at the sound of his name, but his family gave him a standing ovation.

"Jade Johnson."  When Jade's name was called Her grandmother, Tiffany, Darryl, Steven, Tonya stood up with posters and signs to make Jade feel accomplished even though her dad wasn't there.

"Tia Jones." Everyone stood up Tia because as everyone knows her for the wrong reasons but they do.

With the closing speeches and hat throwing, the graduation was over.

"I'm so proud of you baby." Darryl said sneaking behind Jade as she walked out. She turned around and kissed his lips before responding.
"Thank you." She said with her lips against his.

"Hey y'all stop all that nastiness and let me get a picture." Jade's grandmother, Ann said.
They both laughed and he wrapped his arms around her and he smiled.

Quincy happened to walk by and he was jealous, he had never met Jade's family before, and they seemed so comfortable with Patch.
"That could have been me." He thought as he walked past the happy couple.

"Darryl, how's your grandma doing?" Ann asked as they walked to the parking lot to go their separate ways.

"She's good Ms.Ann. Thanks for asking." He laughed.
"Jade, now that you graduated you better keep this man. If not I might take him." she laughed.

"I will Nana." She laughed.
"Oh no Ms.Ann, you too much woman for me. I can't handle it." he joked. They laughed a little longer and Ann left to go home.

"Walk me to my car?" Jade asked.
"Of course, you thought I was gone let you walk alone?" He said grabbing her hand and locking it with his.

"Where'd you park?" She asked swinging his arm as they walked.
"Back there." He said pointing to the tail end of the parking lot.

Once they reached her car, he stopped and backed her into it.
"You killing me with this dress mama." He whispered to her and she blushed.

"Follow me to the house, so we can drop off your car. You gotta ride with me, I got some more surprises for you, birthday girl." He said placing both of his hands on her butt and kissing her.

"Okay." She smiled and he opened her door so she could get into her car.

She followed him to his apartments and parked on front of it, as always. She then got out of the car and transferred herself into his car.

"Where we going?" She asked eagerly jumping into the car.
"Wouldn't you like to know? Don't worry about it." He winked.

He made sure that he let the top down because that's how she liked to ride , the excitement he saw when she entered his car made him so happy that he made sure he let it down every time just so he could see it again.

Before they got into their other plans for Jade's birthday, they had to goto a graduation party thrown for Tia and Jade by Tiffany.

Darryl made sure that Quincy was on the guest list so that he could show him that Jade is his. He didn't look at her like a trophy or anything, he just doesn't like him and he finds it funny how he still lusts over Jade.