VII.| confessions.

- October 31, 1996

"Jay, when you gonna start telling people about us? " I asked looking at her from the passenger seat. She didn't respond she just looked out of the window. "Damn Jay, I know you hear me talking to you." I said hitting the steering wheel. She flinched "I-I-I don't know Quincy." She said real low. "Fuck you mean you don't know Jay? You fucking with someone else?" I yelled grabbing her arm. "I mean you know what goes on between us right? Why does everyone else have to know?" She turned towards me. That's the first time she'd looked at me all night. I straight-faced her. That's bullshit and we both know it is. "Man, bye Jay." I said unlocking the doors so she could get out. She just looked at me with glossy eyes and got out of the car.
We haven't spoken since....

"Yo wassup Q? Where you been?" Pistol asked dabbing me up. "A nigga ain't seen you in bout a month." He laughs.
"Man I been chilling." I say dryly. "Well look, I need you to get out tonight. It's a party and allll the hoes gone be there." He sung. I guess I could goto a party..
"What time?" I ask taking a sip of the 40 that's in my hand. "Bout' 11:00 maybe 12:00." he said inhaling smoke from his cigarette. "You sure it's gone be jumping? I ain't trying to fade that, if it's dead." I say fixing my hat.
"Yeah, it's gone be jumping, yeah it is." We both laugh.

Jade
It's almost time for me to get off  and Tia decides to come visit. "Hey Jay."she says kissing my cheek. "Wassup Tee." I say looking at her sideways. "Ugh why you got an attitude." She says rolling her eyes. "I don't have an attitude." I say exhaling. "ANYWAYS, there's a party tonight and..." I cut her off "No T, I don't want to go out tonight." I whine. "Come on best friend, we haven't been out all month. All you do is come to school work and go home." She whines pulling my arm. If only she knew that I wasn't home doing nothing.
"Who's party is it?" I ask annoyed.  She squeals and starts to jump up and down. "You know Jenny, that Puerto Rican girl , it's her party."she says out of breath. "Alright girl, I'm off in five minutes, let me turn this popcorn machine off then we can go." I say before walking away from the counter. "Ma'am, will take my order." An old black lady asks with an attitude. "Goto the next line. I'm closed." I say rolling my eyes walking away from the counter. I turn off the popcorn machine and get my purse from the back. "How you get here anyways?" I ask sounding kind of irritated. "Pistol brought me, I told him I'd ride back with you." She says skipping to my car. "mmm, what y'all got going? That's your boyfriend now?" I ask giving her a side-eye. "Girl no, you know I don't do boyfriends." She said rolling her eyes. We pulled up to my house and got out of the car. "You wearing what you got on?" I asked as we walked up the stairs to my house. "Yeah, I ain't trying to stay all night." She said rubbing her hair. Steven's not home, so we go straight to my bedroom. "I'm about to take a quick shower, pick me out something. Don't have me looking like no slut either."I said rolling my eyes. I hurried to take a shower, put on lotion, perfume and deodorant, then curled my hair a little bit. I then walk into my room to see what Tia has picked for me. "I wanted us to kind of match, so I pick this." She said showing me a white low-backed tank top with some highwaist Levi jeans. She has on a white cami with some blue jeans.

 She has on a white cami with some blue jeans

"You ready to go?" I ask grabbing my keys. She nods her head and we get in the car. "Where this girl live?" I ask looking over at her. "On 4th by the 7-Eleven." she says looking in the mirror. "Oh I know where that is." I said starting up the car. The ride is about 15 minutes until we arrive on 4th street. "Which house?" I said riding down the street. "This blue one right here." She says pointing out the window. I parallel park in front of the house and then turn off my car. She grabs my arm and we walk up the driveway. "Bestfriend, hopefully you find you a man at this party." She laughed. Now I feel bad for not telling her about Quincy and I.  I fake laugh and look away. "What you hiding?" Tia asks side eyeing me. "Oh nothing." I laughed. "Bitch I've been your best friend for 18 years, what is going on?" She says playfully irritated. "Ivebeensneakingaroundwithquincy" I say really fast. She gasps. "I knew it, I knew it. Pistol called it, but I didn't believe it." She said jumping around. "Did y'all fuck??" She squeals. "No, but we almost did. I told him I wasn't ready." I exhaled. We finally walk inside and the party is jumping. Everybody's here , pistol walks up to Tia and gives her a hug. Since he's here I know Quincy isn't far behind. I walk around to try to find him and I see him, but I don't like the sight. He's dancing with Jenny out of all people and I am livid. "Can I borrow him? Thank you." I say pulling him away before she could answer. "Wassup." He says dryly. "Quincy, why you playing with me? " I said rolling my eyes. "What you talking about Jade?" He aaks with an attitude. "So I'm Jade now?" I ask rolling my eyes. " I mean that is your name ain't it?" He says smacking lips. "Look, don't come in here trying to check me aight? You said you ain't my girl, so don't try to act like it now." With that said he walked away. Now my blood is boiling and I pissed. I walk out of the house and go straight to my car and go home. I didn't want to come to this damn party anyway. Why am I letting him get to me like this. I said I don't want to be his girl now I'm jealous. I get home and plop down on my bed to try to gather my thoughts.
Then there's a knock on the door.

Who the hell is this and what do they want?

Hey guys, make sure y'all comment. If the updates start coming a little slow it's because I'm working.
- Daee👑

Don't forget to purchase http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BIQQ5RQ