27) Teardrops On my Guitar

Start from the beginning

"Of course, mate." Jay beamed. I could tell Jay and TJ really liked each other.

TJ smiled as he walked with me to my car.

We finally got home as we all headed inside. I ran upstairs and changed into black sweats, a white tank top, and one of Nathan's old purple jackets. He wouldn't remember. I made sure I had my necklace, then headed downstairs.

Everybody was watching tv. "Dani? Can we ask you something?" Nathan asked.

"Yeah. What's up?"

"Through Ariana's tour, I need you to keep us together."

"Yeah. I know. Of course I will." A feeling in my stomach began to brew.

He smiled a bit. "I know you will do great." Nathan smiled as he wrapped an arm around Ariana's waist. I nodded and took a seat between Nathan and TJ. I rested my head on TJ's shoulder as I looked over at Nathan and Ariana.

"Dani?" Max asked me. I looked over at him. "What's up?"

"Your necklace. You always wear it. What does it mean?" Nina asked Max's question.

I looked at TJ then to Nathan. My eyes went to the floor as they found the tan rug interesting all of a sudden.

"Oh it just has a lot of meaning to me." I gripped the necklace in my hand.

"What kind of meaning?" Ava asked. Ava hasn't been as obnoxious as she has been when we first met. Thank Jay for everything he's done.

My eyes began to burn with her question. "Its a lot. Too much to explain." I said the last part quietly, barely audible.

I looked up at everyone who just looked at me curiously. Why were they looking at me? Insecurities scurried through my mind.

"Tell us. You can trust us." Kelsey leaned forward from Tom's grasp over her shoulder as she patted my knee. I laughed a bit at Tom's face when she left his arm.

"Sykes?" I looked at him. He was looked at the rug as his knee bounced up and down. I looked towards his neck. He didn't have the necklace. He didn't have it. What could he have done to it? Where would he put it? Did he lose it? Did he take it off purposely?

He looked at me. "Yup?"

I rolled my eyes as it landed on Siva and Nareesha who were all lovey-dovey. I just wished I could feel the same some day. Oh well. I'm a loner for life.

"Well, Sykes gave it to me the first day of High School, We were at my doorstep when it happened. But everything else went downhill that day." My voice was quieter through the last part.

TJ just patted my back. Nathan sighed. "That was a nice moment." he nudged me a bit. I smiled that smile and nodded.

"Where is the other part of it?" Ariana asked.

Where is the other part of it?

"I have no idea." I looked at Nathan as he gulped.

"Where is it Sykes?"

He looked at me in worry. "I think I lost it."

I sighed as the grip on my half heart loosened. I moved my hand to the back of my neck as I unclipped the memorable necklace. I looked down at the half heart in my hands as the unfinished words looked back at me.

"Dani. I am so sorry for losing it. I know how much that necklace meant to you."

My eyes burned. "Only to me? It didn't mean anything to you?"

"No no no. It did. It meant everything to me."

I looked into his green eyes. His eyes were swelling up as his lip began to quiver. Ariana's arms were around his arm trying to calm him down.

"No. It didn't."

I got up as I slammed the necklace on the couch all in one motion. I stormed downstairs into the dance room. I took a seat on the floor as I slumped against the wall. He lost the necklace. Our necklace. Was I making to much of a big deal of this?

Maybe I was. Well to a normal person I was, but to me. That was the only thing that gave the slightest bit of hope he would be mine someday. That just proves me wrong.

I took my phone as I placed in my ear buds. I put my phone in between my pants and my hip so it would stay close to me. My song Teardrops On My Guitar boomed through the ear buds. I like to record songs for fun. I used to record on my laptop and listen to them to know if they are good.

As the song went on, dance moves came to me as I danced along to my own song.

Drew looks at me, I fake a smile so he won't see

That I want and I'm needing everything that we should be

I'll bet she's beautiful, that girl he talks about,

And she's got everything that I have to live without.

Drew talks to me, I laugh 'cause it's just so funny [radio version]

Drew talks to me, I laugh 'cause it's so damn funny [CD version]

And I can't even see anyone when he's with me

He says he's so in love, he's finally got it right,

I wonder if he knows he's all I think about at night

 He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar

The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star

He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do

Drew walks by me, can he tell that I can't breathe?

And there he goes, so perfectly,

The kind of flawless I wish I could be

She better hold him tight, give him all her love

Look in those beautiful eyes and know she's lucky 'cause

 So I drive home alone.

As I turn out the light

I'll put his picture down

And maybe get some sleep tonight.

'Cause he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar

The only one who's got enough of me to break my heart

He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do

He's the time taken up, but there's never enough

And he's all that I need to fall into.

Drew looks at me, I fake a smile so he won't see. 

The song ended as well as my freestyle of dance. I was on my knees crying in the end as the song and my freestyle just impacted me on everything going on.

Nathan lost the necklace.

Ariana is leaving.

I have to keep them in touch.

My dad died.

I am a loner for life.

Everything just impacted me through this as I cried into my hands which rested on my knees. I was sat on my knees in the middle of the room, probably looking like an weirdo.

This would have never happened. If only Nathan remembered me..