Chapter 9

Kiera
Sighing I grab the boys by the ears and take them down stairs. I pushed them in the kitchen. "I told you to give her time." I put my hands on my hips and shook my head. I don't know what to do. These boys are driving me crazy. I walked to the window and looked outside. I'm not Zary. I don't have a plan set. Stay strong. Jason wraps his arms around me and I lean into him. "Its going to be fine." He said. He kissed the top of my head. "I know." I walk out of his hold and turn to all the boys. "We need to give her time. She thinks she's the monster and our enemy. We need to show her that she isn't. But first baby steps guys, baby steps." They all nodded and I yawned. I haven't slept in days. But I need to stay awake. "Kiera you need sleep." I shook my head. "No. I need to be awake." Jason walked up to me and took my hands. "You are the only one who hasn't been to sleep in days." I yawned again. "Alright but only for a little while." He kissed me and I walked over to the stairs. "No doing anything stupid. I've put wards up so you can't get out." I smile at that and head to my bedroom. I walk over to Zarys door. "Zary? Hey I'm going to bed for a while. If you need me I'll be in my room. Love you Zary." I gave the door a small smile and headed to mine. Just give her time Kiera that's all she needs. I shut my door and head to the bathroom. I look like crap. Seriously I could be a zombie. I groan when my head starts to burn again. I fall to the floor and curl up. I need Tyson. "Tyson." I whisper. "Kiera?" Tyson. I look up at him worry covered his face. "What's happening to me?" He leaned down and sat me up. "I don't know. Just breathe and sleep. I'll be back in a few hours." I nodded and stood up. I climbed into bed and layed there. I can't tell the others. They have enough stress. My eye lids shut and sleep pulled me away. I dreamed of nothing.

Before I woke I knew someone was in the room. I opened my eyes and saw Zary in the corner. "Hey you. What's wrong. Come to see me snore?" I grinned. She didn't. "I needed a girl right now." I gave her a soft smile and padded the bed. She shook her head and stayed were she was. "What's wrong Zary? What is on your mined?" I scooted closer to her. She looked at the floor. "I'm scared." I wanted to say something but didn't know what. So instead I got up and hugged her. She tried to squeeze out but I held on. "Kiera please. I don't want to hurt you." I pulled away and looked at her. "Zary you can never hurt me. And you won't hurt the boys either. You are not a monster." She looked down at her hands making her hair fall in her face. I softly moved a hair to move behind her ear. She looked at me. "I'm a monster Kiera." I gave her a frown. "Zary you are anything but a monster. You are Zary. My sister and best friend." My head started to burn again. Argh. This time real pain. I looked away so Zary couldn't see the pain in my eyes. I got up and walked over to the dresser and leaned. Go away pain. What's wrong me. "Kiera?" I totally forgot Zary was here. I shook my head and smiled at her. "I'm fine. Nothing is wrong." Zary nodded. I need to see the boys. "I'm going to see the boys. You wanna come?" She shook her head. I nodded and went down stairs. The boys were banging on my shield.

Zary
"Tyson?" I asked for him. My old friend appeared. "Whats wrong?" He asks. "Kieras hurting isn't she?" I ask as he looks at the floor. I knew it. I was going to walk downstairs until it hit me. That unforgettable scent. Blood. I take a deep breath in causing my instincts to set in. My new instincts I guess. I look out my window and see that the wards aren't holding me. I guess thy cant keep a dead person in here. I climb out my bedroom window and began tracking the blood. I'm zooming through the forest following the scent of blood when I see a figure in the corner of my eye. I turn and face them and see Annabeth standing there....with someone else. This other girl struggled against Annabeths grip. "Hello sister." Annabeth says. "Sister?" I say confused. "Well yes sister. My father turned you, he is your sire, your father." She says. I growl at her and then the scent of blood hits me again. I look back at this other girl who seems as though she was bitten. "Hungry are we?" Annabeth says as I swallow. I was starving. "Come on Sister. Have a bite." Annabeth says. I try fighting it. That feeling of hunger felt like fire running through my veins. "Fine clearly you're not hungry. I'll just let her go." Annabeth says as she lets the girl go. The girl runs screaming and my instincts kick in. I zoom after the girl and grab her as she screams even loud. I move her hair away from her neck and bite. This feeling of power was indescribable. I wanted more and more. I don't know how long I was feeding but when I stopped the girl looks as pale as I did. I turn to face Annabeth who was smiling widely. I felt the blood dripping from my face. "Father will be pleased about his new little monster." she says. I lose my temper. I bolt over to her and start hitting her as hard as I can. When she's knocked out and get up and start heading back home until I had an idea. I grab Annabeth and throw her over my shoulder.

I get back home and walk through the front door this time. "Zary how the hell did you get out!" Kiera says shocked. "Guess your wards don't hold dead people." I say and she gives me a sympathetic look. I carry Annabeth into the bunker and chain her to a wall. "What are you doing with her?" Jason asks. "Get the answers I want and then kill her." Everyone gives me a look. "If you don't like it I'm not keeping you here." I tell them my heart breaking. "Zary..." Jason says but Kiera stops him. She walks over to me and holds my hand. I have a look at her Cousin who is waking up. "I might be able to convince her to be on our side." Silvio says. "Whatever." I said as I head back upstairs.

Silvio
I waited for Annabeth to wake up. I had water and a little bit of feed waiting for her. When she finally woke up she was really out of it. "Here drink this." I tell her as I pass her the cup. "No go away." she says grunting in pain. "Where are you hurt?" I ask her and she just tilts her head. "Why are you being nice to me." she asks. "You were nice to me and it would have just been cruel to leave you with Zary. She would have killed you." I tell her. She seemed scared but she tried to hide it. "Why do you follow your father as if he's your master? Why do you allow him to treat you like that?" I ask her. "He's my father." she says. "But he's cruel and he hurts people. He hurt my family." I tell her and rage is all I see in her eyes. "Your family attacked him. He tried helping everyone and they almost killed him." she says. "Wait. Is that what you have been told?" I ask her. "I know my fathers cruel but he would never hurt anyone unless they go for him first. He could kill anyone. He was born with all this abilities and he could take on anyone." she says and my eyes almost jump out of my head. "Wait a second you think he was born with all those abilities?" I ask as she gives me confused look. "He wasn't." Zary said. I didn't realise she was even in the room. She explain our whole story. How she and Jason were taken and used. I saw Annabeth thinking about everything and processing. Zary left and I stayed with her. I cant believe she didn't know.