Chapter 1

Kiera
Its been a year since we killed Siren. But he's still here, I sense him every time. But our family can't be happier. I was sitting on the couch in our living room watching the boys and Zary play monopoly. It was hilarious. Silvio kept getting angry because he was losing money by the minute. "God dammit." Silvio swore. We all laughed. Just watching them makes me happy. Just last year I was some rich preppy girl now I'm a reaper living with the love of my life and our family. I sat there on the couch for some time. Until pain shot inside my head. Its been happening ever since Siren became a ghost. It was only small pain last time but this time it was agony. I crawled off the couch moaning. "Kiera baby!" I hold a hand up to Jason. "That mother funking ghost. God dammit!" I turn to where Siren was smiling. I got up and growled at him. "What are you doing to me!" Everyone looked at me. I screamed again but didn't crouch. Zary and Jason gripped my hand. I looked at Siren again. He laughed. "I'm not doing anything." Oh yes he is. I walked over to him and chocked him. Ever since I became a reaper I noticed I can touch ghosts. "Kiera what are you doing?" I heard Jason ask. Zary laughed. "She's choking him." I didn't laugh with her but kept my focus on Siren. "You will go to hell. I banish you from earth you foul creature. I may be a light reaper but I can send souls to hell." He growled. "Your fates have just started." Then disappeared. Suddenly I lost my balance and leaned on the wall. "Well that did the job." Zary said smiling. The boys looked confused. Me and Zary laughed. "I just sent him to hell and banished him from earth. Oh and he threatened us again." I came towards Jason but my legs gave way. Luckily Jason and Zary were there to catch me. "Rest. That took a lot of your energy babe." I smiled and let them drag me to the couch. "Thanks." I took my cup of coffee and sipped it. Silvio and Luka looked at me, still confused. "How'd you do that." They said at the same time. I smiled. "I'm Kiera and I can do a lot of things. See if you piss me off I can threaten you by taking your soul." I said joking. We all laughed. Jason sat next to me and I leaned into him. I looked up at him and kissed him. A slow, deep kiss. "Gross. Get a room." I heard Zary say. We stopped kissing and threw a pillow at her. "Hey!" She said laughing. I started to get sleepy. Using my powers did drain me. I got up off the couch. "I'm going to bed. See you guys in the morning." I kissed Jason and headed for my room I share with Jason. I got into my room and turned on the lights. Our big bedroom was massive. It has a bathroom suite, a small study and a fireplace. Sighing I got into bed. My head was still pounding. But Siren wasn't here. Getting off the bed I walked into the bathroom and wet my face. When I opened my eyes I knew someone was in here. "Whoever it is please show yourself or leave me alone." Tyson one of Zarys ghost friends appear. "Hi Kiera." I turn around and face Tyson. "What's up Tyson?" I ask. He came hovering over closer. "Your powers are getting stronger aren't they." I looked away. I knew that. "I know Tyson. But I can handle this." I looked back at Tyson. He gave me a small smile. "The others know. Even though you didn't say anything." My hand tightened on the sink. "I know. Look I'm fine Tyson. My powers are getting stronger but I can handle them if I keep training." He gave me a small nod and started to disappear. "Wait." He stop and looked at me. "What happens if I can't control my powers?" I need to know. "You will die." Then he disappeared. That haunted me for the rest of my sleep.

I woke the next morning to have a migraine. Moaning I turn around to see Jason sleeping peacefully. I smiled and walked downstairs to the kitchen. When I got there I looked in the fridge for eggs and bacon. Yes. They were there. I cooked up the eggs first and then the bacon. I knew the others would be up. They love my cooking. On cue they all ran inside the kitchen door and sat at the table. "Morning chief." I heard Jason say. I smiled. "Oh how we love your cooking Kiera." Silvio said drooling. I giggled and handed them each a plate. They all moaned in happiness. When I turned back from the stove I noticed their plates are empty. I raised a brow and laughed. "Yummy is it?" I ask them all. They all nodded and I took their plates. I dropped their plates in soapy water and started to clean them. Humming to myself everyone looks at me curious. This was an old song. My grandmother sung it to me. It was about a girl who didn't fit in till she met a handsome guy. After the dishes I poured us all fresh orange juice. My adoptive mother made great juice once. A few months ago I watched my adoptive mother not even care I was gone. No one cared. But my new family did. I put the cup down and head to the training room. No one followed. I picked up my short sword and used all my training. I'm quite good now. Smiling to myself I was in my world. I didn't even notice everyone come in and watch me. When I finished they all clapped. I gave them a mocking bow. "She's gotten good Jason." Zary say turning to her brother. I smiled. Jason gave me a wicked grin. "Not as good as me." I grinned and took a step forward. "You wanna bet?" Silvio, Luka and Zary cheer. "I do." My smile widens. "I bet 20 bucks on Jason." I hear Silvio and Luka yell. I looked at Zary grinning. I winked at her waited for her bet. "I bet 20 on Kiera." I look at Jason. "Come on babe. Try me." He walked forward and grabbed his katana. Let the games begin.

Zary
Jason should know by now that he shouldn't mess when Kiera and I team up. I watched as she swung her sword gracefully but she isn't like us four. We learnt to make our attacks different, not make it obvious that were going to attack. She always steps on her left foot before she attacks. Unless she teams up with me. Every time my brother went to attack, I got Jackson, the most playful of my ghosts to trip Jason over and he was getting quiet frustrated his anger soon faded when Kiera grabbed him and kissed him. I turn away and look and Jackson and Lily, the two ghostly couple that had been together for as long as any of us remember. Silvio walks up to me and puts his arm around my shoulder. "So Zary," I cut him off. I remove his arm from my shoulder and spin behind his back. "Not a chance love. Kiss Luka." I said as I push him into Luka. Both boys jump away from each other as everyone starts laughing. I roll my eyes and walk into the kitchen. When I turn the corner I thought I saw Siren for a second. Nah it must just be my mind playing tricks on me. I grab the bottle of water from the fridge and go back to the others. My family were definitely a weird bunch. I walk in and see Jason trying to swing at Jackson which is funny to watch considering he cant see him. Jason was swinging at thin air while Jackson was standing right next to me. I got this. "Hey bro. He's behind you." I yell at Jason whos eyes almost jump out of his head and he turns out and swings at thin air screaming that he got him. Both me and Kiera fall to the floor laughing while all the boys just look at us." He wasn't behind me was he?" Jason asks as I shake my head no. "I'm gonna kill you little sister." Jason yells as he picks me up, carrys me outside and throws me into the pool. I swim back to the surface and smile at Jackson , Tyson and Lily who were all using their ghost abilities. Next thing we all knew, Jason gets pushed into the water beside me. He swims back to the surface next to me and looks at me. "Don't look at me, I'm the innocent one." I say in a baby voice. Everything finally seemed like it was going right for my world, so why do I get the feeling that it isn't going to last...