Chapter 8

Kiera
I sat against the wall with the boys. Zary has been down there for days. I can't stand this. Just waiting. We've tried to get her out but she's too afraid. I need to go down there. But she locked the damn door. Sighing I turned to the boys. They were nearly asleep. That's it enough of this silliness. I stood up. "Alright enough! Boys I want you in bed this instance. If I don't find you there in 2 minutes I'll be pulling you by the ears." They looked at me wide eyed. I stomped my foot and growled. "Now! I'll look after Zary." They stood and rushed out of the room. "I'm counting!" I yelled at them. They ran faster and shut their damn doors. I sat down sighing right next to the latch. "Oh Zary. I think I'm turning into you. I'm usually the soft one." I murmur but I knew she could hear me.

Hours later I decided to try and open the hatch with my power. Yes! The hatch clicked and I went inside. Shutting the hatch. "Zary?" I step off the ladder and find Zary in her parents room. She wasn't facing me. "Zary?" I walked closer. "Don't come near me." I was about to cry but held in. I have to be strong for Zary and the boys. "Zary look at me." She didn't turn. "Zary look at me. Please." She turned slowly. She looked paler. And hungry. I walked closer and she put up a hand. I shook my head and took her hand. "No. I trust you Zary. I need you. Those boys need you. Oh for God sakes they are driving me crazy." I saw a slight smile but it was gone in an instant. "You shouldn't be here. Do the boys know?" I smiled. "You didn't? They don't know?" I smiled wider this time. "Nope. Not a clue." I took her other hand and made her look at me. "Zary your going to be okay. We are going to get through this. No more hiding Zary." She looked away but I held on to her chin. "Zary. Please understand. I want to help you and the boys. You are my family and I don't like to see you like this. I'm mad oh wait no pissed off because some bastard hurt you, Silvio, Luka and Jason. You guys are hurt and I'm pissed. Did you hear me up there. I sound different. Older." I let her chin go and walk away from her. "I need my Zary. You are still the same. I don't care what you are Zary, I just want you to be you." With that I walked to the latch ladder and climbed out. When I got up off the ladder the boys were scowling at me with arms crossed. "Boys. Now is not the time." They growled. "Oh nows not the time. You could unlock the hatch and didn't tell us?" I smiled. "I didn't know. I tried and it worked. Look Zary is fine just give her a few hours. She'll come round." I looked at them. They were frowning. "Now! Get back to bed!" They humphed and left. Come on Zary.

Zary
Kieras little pep talk sort of helped. I guess hanging out with cheerleaders helped her a little. I sat staring at the hatch for a long time. Hours. I went back to the bathroom. I was very pale, blood red eyes and I haven't found out how to hide my fangs yet. I sigh and for the first time since I woke up like this, I forced myself to breath. It just made me feel worse. I didnt sleep, I didnt breath, I looked like a monster and I am my familys natural enemy. I walk back over to the bunker door. I run my hands over the metal. I push on the door and the door opens. I look around. Everything seems different. "ZARY!" I hear my brother yell but Kiera quickly grabs him and holds him back. "You have to give her time Jason" Kiera says as I jump back a little. Kiera slowly walks up to me. I step backwards and Kiera gives me a small smile. She takes another step forward and continues walking torwards me until she holds my hand. I knew she felt the cold touch of my skin. She gripped my hand tighter as she motioned for Jason to come forward. He slowly walked torwards me just as Kiera did until hes standing right in front of me. I can smell his blood running through him. Kiera grabs my hand tighter and I take a step torwards my brother. He hugs me. I stand there for a second until i hug him back. I could smell the blood in his body but I felt our bond more powerful than ever. I release my brother and look over at Silvio and Luka. I run up to them and hug them. I was focusing on the bond with my brother. It was the one thing that kept me sane. I kept my eyes and mouth closed hiding what I truely was as best as I can. I didnt want them to see the monster I am now. I let them all go and then reality sets in again. I hear their hearts beating. I had to get out of here. I run to my room, close and lock the door. I slide my back down the door and begin crying. I hear someone knocking on the door. "Zary" I hear Lukas familiar voice. "Luka...."