Mystic Memories

"It can't be..."

What Caroline saw before her was the last thing she'd expect. It was herself, chatting on the phone smiling and about to walk into her. Out of panic and instinct she looked around for a place to jump behind for a quick hiding space. Unfortunately there was no where to go.

She closed her eyes; braced for impact as she collided with herself.
"Don't worry Mom, we are having dinner at the Grill, watching a movie at Elena's then..." Caroline shivered and opened her eyes to see that the other Caroline had stopped.

She looked straight at her with no emotion in her face. Suddenly she stepped through Caroline and into the Grill shuddering from what she thought was the cold night air. Her voice faded into the building. "Bonnie and I will sleep..."

Caroline, clutching her chest and slightly gasping, watched as the other her put her phone in her clutch bag and greeted the people inside.

"What was... but I..." Caroline stuttered trying to make sense if what just happened.

"Breathe Caroline, you just experienced passing." Bonnie reassured her. It had little effect.

"Passing?"

Bonnie replied calmly: "Yes, its when the living pass through their own spirits..."

Panic once again took hold of her and she shrieked: "I'm dead?!"

"No, no you're having an out of body experience. You are revisiting memories."

"My memories? I thought I... but..." Caroline was lost for words.

Just as she was about to ask a question she heard it again...

"Don't worry Mom, I won't stay out too late. We are just having food, cake and sodas. I promise!"

Caroline turned to see herself again walking her way. She side stepped so she was facing Bonnie. The other Caroline passed them with out fault this time still chatting on her phone.

"Didn't we see that already?" Caroline furrowed her brow.

"Don't worry Mom," it came again to Caroline's shock.

"Why is this happening?"

"Because I'm rewinding it," Caroline looked at her friend with a smile, "Go inside behind her to uncover the whole memory."

Caroline heard Bonnie chuckled as she saw herself again and positioned herself to move behind like a conga line.

"...Bonnie and I will sleep over since Elena is spending some time with Stefan..." Caroline listened to her own words as she passed through the door to the famous Mystic Falls Grill.
As she ended the phone call to her mother Caroline slid her phone into her bag.

"What am I doing here?"

As Caroline said that the other Caroline spotted her targets and made her way towards them.

"You are here with your friends." Bonnie informed.

"Caroline! We thought you'd never make it!" A girl with long dark brown hair and doe brown eyes stood and hugged Caroline. She broke off to let others do the same as they greeted her.

"I was talking to my mom Elena. She wanted to know the plan for tonight." Caroline shrugged as the Caroline befire her put her hands on her hips and tutted the girls name.

"Better late than never in my opinion." A raven haired guy with piercing blue eyes quipped from his seated position in the booth nearest the wall.

"Damon, I don't need support from you." Caroline quipped back irked by his presence. "Stefan, control your brother!"

The male she referred to as 'Stefan' held his hands up in surrender from his place next to his brother 'Damon'.