Another Girl

Klaus was sat beside Caroline's sleeping body applying a damp cloth to her forehead to keep her cool. Elijah was sat at the broken table with the woman he was chasing earlier. Klaus did not look at the two of them focusing on Caroline.

"Brother, I know you must be thinking terrible things at this moment but-" Elijah began before the woman sighed loudly and walked from her seated position to Elijah and sat on his lap.

"Elijah, I think Klaus is preoccupied looking after the girl he won at the tournament." She giggled and kissed his cheek looking at Klaus. He was facing them but focused on Caroline laying in front of him.

"Can you both be quiet," Klaus said this in a low voice covering his anger but did not raise his voice to emphasise his rage. He has a right to be angry at the two of them.

"Oh come on Nik," the girl chuckled standing up from Elijah's lap and sat in front of Nik and looked over Caroline's body. "She doesn't need silence to be passed out."

"No, but I'd rather be focused on her breathing right now rather than the likes of you!" Klaus snapped.

"Brother there is no need-"

"I SAID... Quiet," Klaus interrupted and made intense eye contact with Elijah, "Please!"

Elijah closed his eyes and nodded then stood and moved to the exit.
"Tatia let us leave him to his thoughts" He held the stick door open waiting for the girl.

"Goodbye Niklaus" Tatia said in a salutary tone. Both brothers became unamused.

Once the pair had left Klaus was happier tending to Caroline. He started chatting about everything and nothing. He stroked her hair and held her hand gently.

"Wake up love," Klaus sighed, "I want to show you the woods nearby" Caroline moved. Klaus smiled and called to her.
_____ _____ _____ _____

Caroline was sat with 6 people in a room with lights and tables and chairs. It was hazy but she could make out other people in the background chatting with others.

She began to focus on the six around her. Caroline was sandwiched between two older guys, brothers, she seems to feel.

One had hair as black as ravens feathers sporting a look of boredom and the other a soft but strong with brown hair. He was smiling.

Sat next to the smiling brother was a girl with brown skin, green eyes and dark hair. Her smile was bright and familiar.

In front of her was a guy with dark hair and tanned skin. He was holding Carolines hands and also smiling.
To the left of that guy was a blonde haired boy with a kind smile and big blue eyes.
Finally on the other side of the boy holding Carolines hands was a girl she recognised. She knows her, here, however she has seen her twice in the same room. But one wasn't her.

Her hazy vision brightened when candles were lit and presented before her. Distorted singing ensued and Caroline let go of the boys hands and scanned the smiling people around her.
She knew this scene too well.

A memory.

"Elena" she whispered.

Then she heard chitter chattering like a familiar voice. She stood from her seat looking at signs for a 'Grill' and headed for a corner of the thriving place.

She saw a booth and sat in front of a man with his head in his hands. He was talking bit it was muffled.