Lovely Dinner

Rebekah burst through the door to the Mikaelson mansion. Stefan had texted her an hour ago warning her about Klaus being suicidal. If Klaus died his whole sire line would perish with him... including Stefan; Rebekah wouldn't let that happen...

"Klaus! KLAUS!" Rebekah yelled so her voice echoed through out the house.

"I can hear you Bekah, I'm just a little busy drinking my sorrows away" Klaus called back to her from the lounge. He was laying on the sofa, bottle of bourbon in his hand and the other on his head twisting his hair.

"You scared the life out of me, I thought you were d-" Rebekah cut herself off and changed the subject. "Stefan wants to talk to you"

Klaus looked sternly at Rebekah and lazily emptied the last of the alcohol into his mouth. He stood up and threw the empty bottle towards the roaring fire. It smashed on the brick back of the fire place making the flames enlarge then become minimal again.

He opened the liquor cabinet and pulled out another bottle of bourbon. Not even bothering to get a glass, Klaus opened the new bottle and started to drink the alcoholic nectar.

"What is it that sweet Stefan thinks is of the up most importance, Bekah?" Klaus quizzed his little sister.

Before she could answer Elijah had glided downstairs and walked passed Rebekah. Grabbing a glass from the table and seeing that Klaus held the last bottle of bourbon in his hands, Elijah decided to have some whiskey instead today. He knowingly nodded at Rebekah as he sat down on one of the sofas.

"Brother, I know your not always civil but can you please use a glass" Elijah sadly smiled as he swilled then sipped his whiskey. He had to ask his brother... "Niklaus, does the girls mother know yet?"

Klaus tensed. He had sat on the sofa opposite his brother and now had his head low.

Rebekah felt helpless. She wanted to help her brother feel better but only time could heal a broken, in this case staked, heart.

"I think one of her so called friends might end up telling her," Klaus said knowing that not many of Caroline's friends are her actual friends, "but they are probably too wrapped up in their own lives at the minute to think of poor Carolines mother..." Klaus retorted.

"Then you tell her Nik!" Rebekah stated throwing her arms up in the air and pacing.

"Why? She'll just shut the door on me even if I tried!" Klaus groaned taking a long sip from the bottle. He was half done already!

"Rebekah is right Niklaus, it should come from someone who loved her as much as her mother did" Elijah spoke wisely.

"I'll do it when I'm less drunk" Klaus slurred taking his bottle upstairs to his room. Rebekah sighed and sat next to her older brother. They shared a concerned look with a hint of sadness.

"It's such a shame... I was beginning to not hate the other pretty blonde in Nik's life" Elijah laughed at his sisters remark and sympathised greatly.

Klaus had entered his room and thrown the almost empty bottle to the wall. It smashed but Klaus did not care one bit! This is when he proceeded to paint the love of his life in many different positions, in different colours and sized canvases.

---------------           ----------           ---------------

Rebekah burst through the door to the wooden house. She skipped up to her mother who handed her some cups to give to her brothers and father.

Caroline had found some wooden bowls they could serve the rabbit stew in. There was ten plates in the small cupboard she had found and that was enough for everyone including the baby, plus one more!

"There are some spoons in that drawer over there Caroline," Esther pointed over to a set of oak wood drawers. "In the top drawer, hand them out to everyone outside."

Caroline made her way over and opened the top drawer to collect eight spoons. Rebekah had the wooden bowls in her hands and asked Caroline to swap because she wanted to give out the spoons.

Caroline opened the door for Rebekah who skipped out and began passing out the spoons to her family sat on logs around the fire. Caroline followed and passed out the bowls.

"Thank you Rebekah, thank you Caroline" Mikael was the first one to receive the wooden eating utesils as he was the patriarch of the family.

Finn was next who nodded in appreciation to his sister and the guest.

"Thank you sister, and thank you beautiful angel" Elijah winked at Caroline making her blush. Elijah never acted like this back home...

Klaus was boiling with fury but played it cool by thanking his sister with a polite smile then made his eyes twinkle as he looked at Caroline.

"You look elegant in this light love, thank you" Klaus took the bowl from Caroline but grabbed her hand purposely. Caroline looked away to hide her blush but Klaus still saw it.

Klaus turned to his brother with a triumphant smile making Elijahs face go from looking smug to looking defeated.

Caroline noticed this and giggled silently but jumped out of her skin when Kol suddenly jumped up from his seat and fell to his knees.

"Caroline my love, you have bestowed upon me a bowl that I may eat my mother's food," he dramatically paused taking hold of her free hand then continued. "You have given me the gift of life, I thank you!" Caroline and the other sane Mikaelsons looked at Kol as if he was a madman... Which he was...

Kol sat back down on the log and Rebekah joined him sitting next to Klaus. Caroline and Rebekah rolled their eyes as Caroline gave her a bowl.

"Finn," came Esthers voice from the house. "Come here and get the pot please" The eldest boy stood up and swiftly went inside the house to help his mother. 

After many moans and groans a medium pot was brought out of the house. The bigger one was still inside being kept warm by the small fire below it.

Finn placed the pot filled with delicious rabbit stew over the outside fire with the help of Elijah and Klaus.

Esther had a big serving spoon in her hand and served her husband first. Then, in age order, one by one her children went and got their food.

"Mother I think Caroline should get food before me" Klaus said not standing when it was his turn. Klaus looked at his mother who looked at Mikael.

"She is older than you, go on Caroline" Mikael ordered. Caroline stood up and handed Esther her bowl so it could be filled.

"Thank you Nicklaus" Caroline smiled greatfully and sat in between Elijah and Klaus knowing she was older than Klaus but younger than Elijah.

'Klaus looks older than me though... I thought he was eighteen' Caroline thought.

Klaus was smiling like an idiot on the inside and winked at Caroline who was taking in the scent of the stew. Klaus stood up and walked towards his mother. He turned and walked back to his seat smirking at Elijah as he did.

Once everyone had gotten their food and Mikael had said a few words about the day, they all began to eat Esthers hard days work. And boy was it good!

Caroline could not belive how much this made her hunger be satisfied. Was she no longer a vampire?