Cupids Challange

Klaus pulled back the arrow on his bow and inhaled slowly. There was chatter from the trees blowing in the wind and the background noise of the village hard at work. He held his breath for a few seconds then as he released his arrow he exhaled sharply and smiled.

The arrow had hit it's mark. It's mark being a leaf stuck on a tree with sap. He got it exactly in the middle of the leaf. Sap is such sticky stuff! Klaus put his bow down to his side and walked over to the medium sized tree outside his hut/home.

He retrieved his arrow and started back to his previous position but stopped in his tracks when his vision was obscured.

An angel had come before him. Her hair was blonde and shone in the sunset light. Though she was wearing what looked like a brown sack she looked elegant and perfect. She looked a little taller than him but he hadn't done growing yet...

Klaus was mesmerised by her beauty. So much in fact that he hadn't realised he had walked right up to her and was directly behind her until she turned around and tripped over him. She gasped as she began to fall and Klaus sprung into action...

As if in slow motion Klaus put his right arm around her back and cradled her head in the crook of his arm gently. He placed his left hand on her right forearm to support himself. Their eyes immediately locked his stormy blue to her soft light blue. Caroline and Klaus both blushed.

"Sorry, I wasn't-" Caroline began but was cut off by Klaus stuttering his words.

"No I was the one that came up behind you, I'm sorry." Klaus was still holding Caroline but it wasn't awkward. It felt right... " I'm Klaus" he introduced himself.

" I know," Caroline said absent minded. She was too busy in her head to realise what she had said. 'Klaus looks so young...' Caroline could remember parts about what happened before she awoke here.

One thing was that Klaus being older looking and another was her having very conflicting mixed feelings towards him... Suddenly Caroline realised what she had said because Klaus looked quite confused.

"What I mean is that your mother was talking about you earlier" She lied but that didn't matter because at that moment they were interrupted...

"Well, well, well what do we have here?" It was the blonde girl from before who gave Caroline the dress.

Klaus was snapped out of his daydream with Caroline as they both became aware of the position they were in. Klaus carefully lifted up his angel making sure she was balanced then turned to his annoying sister.

"Am I interrupting the secret lovers meeting?" She teased

"Sod off Rebekah!" Klaus returned sounding more angry than he wanted to.

"Did I touch a nerve dear brother?" Rebekah said as she continued to tease.

Klaus lifted his bow and aimed it at his sister. There was no arrow but the sight of the weapon made her run for cover. Rebekah peeped from her hiding place but stayed hidden.

Klaus was smiling, proud of himself when a soft merciful hand touched his that was holding the flexible arc part of the bow. Her other hand slid onto his right shoulder. Klaus turned his head so that he was looking at Caroline.

She had a sad look in her eye but smiled all the same. As she made Klaus put down the bow Caroline spoke tenderly.

"There's no need to be so cruel to your only sister" Caroline slid the bow out of Klaus's hand and made it lean against the house. "Come out Rebekah, Klaus won't kill you" She let out a small giggle as Rebekah slowly came out of her hiding spot.

" You're so mean Nik!" Klaus laughed at his sisters feistiness. " You won't be laughing when I tell mother and father!" Rebekah threatened.

Klaus went pale and began apologising on his knees. Rebekah winked at Caroline and moved towards Klaus placing a forgiving hand on his shoulder.

"I forgive you brother, just don't do it in future okay?" Rebekah smiled at Caroline.

As of on cue Carolines stomach rumbled signifying that she wanted food. Klaus stood up and made his way towards Caroline followed closely by Rebekah. They made Caroline sit down on a nearby log in front of the outside fire.

Rebekah went to get some food for her and Klaus sat with Caroline. One hand was on her upper back and the other on her belly. Caroline had placed her hand on top of his and rested her head in the crook of his neck.

It was a dull ache but it was constant and growing. As her tummy cried out again Rebekah returned with a bowl of berries. Caroline immediately began to eat like the berries were her only chance at being able to eat.

Grossed out by the sight before her, Rebekah stood up and skipped away happily after saying, "be careful of my brother miss, he can be a brute sometimes"

Klaus and Caroline sat there for ten minutes. Caroline had eaten the berries in no time and Klaus was mesmerised by her hunger.

"Gosh love, when was the last time you ate?" Klaus asked a little worried about her health.

"Not quite sure... sometime ago" Caroline brushed off his question. "Anyway let's continue from where we left off, my name is Caroline"

'What a beautiful name for a heavenly angel' Klaus thought moving a strand of hair on her face to behind her ear.

Caroline blushed at his actions and was about to speak but sadly, they were interrupted once more...

"Nicklaus, I hope you aren't trying to seduce this beautiful woman when you are not worthy of her"

Caroline turned her head to see a young Elijah and a young Kol. Elijah was very handsome like she remembers however she also remembers him being older looking than he is now. And Kol just looked mischievous as usual...

"Not worthy" Klaus scoffed "I can hit a leaf on a tree from 10 feet away!" Caroline heard Elijah and Kol chuckle.

Elijah strolled up to the log and sat on the opposite side of Caroline as Kol brought a stool from the other side of the fire and placed it in front of Caroline.

"Elegant dove, please tell me your name so that I may know the name of my future wife" Elijah kissed the knuckles of her hand and Caroline began to blush. "My name is Elijah"

"I'm Caroline, Caroline Forbes" She giggled at the thought of being Elijahs wife! Didn't he fall for Katherine or another Petrova döppleganger?

Kol stole her other hand away from Klaus and also kissed her knuckles "Hello Caroline, my name is Kol. Remember that because I will steal you away from both these pathetic boys"

Klaus grew jealous of the scene unfolding before him. He wanted that blush just for him!

"Well then brothers, we will have to have a tournament for her heart!" Klaus picked up his bow as he challenged his older and youmger brother.

"As you wish Nicklaus" Elijah spoke in a bored voice as if he already knew the out come. Kol ran inside to retrieve his bow and an arrow.

They all marched ten feet away from the tree that Klaus was practicing his archery skill on earlier. They held their bows in one hand an d a single arrow in the other.

"I'll go first" Klaus announced as he pulled back the arrow on his bow and inhaled slowly. He held his breath for a few seconds then...

"Dinner's ready! Boys go round up your other siblings" Esther called from the open door. She had seen everything and was waiting for the perfect moment to interrupt. "You three can have this tournament tomorrow. With more than one event" Esther winked knowingly at Caroline who nodded in appreciation as a reply.

The three boys jogged off searching for their two other siblings and their father. Finally Caroline could eat...