Pain of Vervain

Bonnie watched as Caroline fell to the floor. She raced to her friends aid and tried to stop her head from hitting the ground too hard. Bonnie thought quickly and called Stefan and Elena.
What felt like an hour to Bonnie was only fifteen minutes for Stefan to arrive with blood bags and twenty minutes for Elena and Damon.
Stefan raised an eyebrow when the pair showed up but did not question it. Caroline needed their help and that was more important right now.

"Help me put her on the bed" Bonnie urgently asked as she started to lift Caroline's body. Stefan, Damon and Elena helped Bonnie put Caroline on the bed. Damon moved back and Elena shuffled near him. Stefan handed Bonnie a blood bag.

"Here I brought five but I have more in my car," Stefan said sitting the other four he had beside the bed.

"What happened Bonnie? Was it Klaus?" Elena inquired trying to look like she was helping by shuffling clothes out of the way.

"No we were trying a spell to control time so we could possibly slowdown time enough to stab Klaus and his horrid family with a dagger and lock them away, forever," Bonnie explained, "Something-" She was cut off by one of Damon's snide remarks.

"Let me guess Bonbon, something went wrong and it knocked Care bear here out for the count" he smirked feeling pleased with himself not knowing the whole situation.

"Actually, Damon, Caroline and I escaped outside and came in when the chaos was over." That shut Damon up and she continued. "I turned towards Caroline and she was already falling to the ground before I knew what was happening."
Elena was stood slightly in front of him and looked offended, but before she could start an argument Stefan moved towards Caroline.

"How long has she been like this?" Stefan lifted up Caroline and sat behind her propping up her head.
Damon opened his mouth again to speak.

"I phoned you and Elena as soon as I put Caroline into the recovery possition" Bonnie quickly said before Damon could make anymore snide remarks.

"I thinks she's waking up" Elena said coming closer to the bed.

But Caroline was not awake thought her eyes were beginning to open. They were very glassy and not blue like normal Caroline eyes... They were red, gold, white, yellow and black! The colours changed as her body temperature increase. She became so hot she started to sweat profusely.

Suddenly Stefan screamed out in pain as his skin began to burn. Caroline joined in with his song of agony as she too cried out in pain.

"Argh I think she is sweating vervain" Stefan exclaimed trying to be gentle when also trying to move away from Caroline as fast as possible. He shook his burning arms as Elena looked at Stefan wanting to see if he was Ok but felt conflicted. She wanted to be near Damon still.

Bonnie spoke up, distracting Elena from her dilemma. "Elena, I need a towel from over there" Bonnie looked over to the other side of the room and Elena spotted a towel. She grabbed it and looked at Damon then Stefan then Bonnie and finally Caroline. Her friend needed her and she was thinking about herself!

Elena moved passed Damon and Stefan and sat next to Caroline on the bed and was about to move Carolines hair so she could wipe away some of the vervain sweat when Stefan protective arms enveloped her in a hug and he moved her away from Caroline.
Elena didn't react well...

"GET OFF ME!" She cried and lashed out at Stefan. Though he was hurt and confused at his girlfriends actions Stefan felt guilty and didn't mind Damon drag her away from him. Bonnie didn't even notice their drama because she was more concerned about her friends health.

There was yelling and more fighting but all that was interrupted by Bonnie. "SHUT UP! Elena, I called you and Stefan here because Caroline Is your friend" The room fell silent as Bonnie raised her voice. "And Stefan is your boyfriend so I thought he could comfort you... I see now I was wrong but don't just stand there in your own world when your friend is in pain!"

Elena was about to fight Bonnie when she continued. "Stefan get me another towel from over there and soak it in cold water. Elena... If you're not going to help, go home!"

Elena stormed out of the room followed closley by Damon.
Stefan had done as he was told and gave Bonnie a cold damp towel. Bonnie gently placed it on her head and neck.
Stefan was in Carolines right side and bonnie was in the left. Bonnie took the cold towel off Carolines skin for a second...
Suddenly Caroline screamed out I pain again only this time her pale skin turned red and blistered. The vervain was taking affect...

The Times We Lovedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें