The Help

'Care I need some help with a spell, could you come to my room with a symbol of love and a symbol of wisdom'
'Or just bring an old valentines day card and a stuffed owl for the spell'

Caroline chuckled at Bonnies second text and went into her attic and hoped she still had an old valentines day card somewhere in a box or folder. Luckily Tyler gave her one when they were dating and she forgot to burn it with some of his other things... It took some looking but Caroline found it. Feeling sentimental she opened the card to read it.

'To Caroline,
Today is a day of love so Happy Valentines Day. Hurry up and stop reading this card so I can kiss you,
Tyler '

Caroline quickly shut the card as anger flowed through her. He cheated on her... and was it worth it? Was it Tyler?! Caroline thought.
She stuffed the card into her hand bag and exited the house. She got into her car and drove into town. Once she parked her car she wandered down a street with numerous stores selling different items.

Hmmm. Where is the toy shop...
As Caroline was thinking this she could hear a familiar voice chuckling behind her. She tried her best to ignore him but it was inevitable that he would make eye contact.
She rolled her eyes and burned holes into her stalker.

"What Klaus?!" Caroline growled

"Easy love, I come in peace" Klaus said trying to sound charming. "So what are you looking for?"

Caroline scowled at him and spotted a toy store behind Klaus so she walked confidently past him but Klaus being Klaus he ran ahead and stopped he rin her tracks.

"Come on love, don't be that way, let me help." Klaus looked deep into her eyes waiting for an answer.

"I don't need your help, I can see my end goal behind you." Caroline was trying to say as little as possible to Klaus so she could get the toy and be on her way to Bonnies ASAP!

Klaus looked behind him at the toy store and chuckled.
"Do you need a new companion for bedtime? Because I..." Klaus sneered. He was hoping she would take it the wrong way...

"Klaus, shut up" Once again Caroline brushed passed Klaus but this time managed to get into the toy store before he could stop her again.

She made quick work of searching the first two rows of toys but to no avail...
Klaus was in the store watching her closely and was going to ask a question when Caroline shot him a look that made him stop instantly.
Half way down the middle row she found a owl looking stuffed creature so she picked it up and matched to the counter to pay.

"Will that be all miss?" The cashier inquired.

"Yes, thank you." Though Klaus was right next to her, Caroline was determined to not look at him as she payed for the toy.

"Then that will be $2 please" As Caroline handed over her money and received her item Klaus laughed and shook his head.

"Why on earth are you buying that!" Klaus looked on amused and opened the door for his blonde beauty.

"First, it's not for me so shut up laughing!" Caroline fired back, gliding past the hybrid out of the store and towards her car. "Second, shut up!" She finished satisfied she made her point.

"Are you still angry over our little spat? I'm over it love, so should you..." Klaus teased

"Well I'm not and I'm way too busy and important to have time for this so I'll see you round..." Caroline put the owl toy in her bag and threw her bag onto the seat next to her. She sat in her car but couldn't close the door because Klaus was in her way...

"Move please, I have places to be!" Caroline said trying to sound not annoyed at him so he would cooperate quicker.

"Let's have dinner." Klaus suggested smiling sweetly.

"No. Now move or you'll make me late!" Caroline brushed off his effort to ask her out and turned on her car. Klaus closed the door and watched the love of his life drive away once again...

Phew... that's over with I'm on my way Bonbon! Caroline thought turning right. After five minutes if driving Caroline pulled up outside the college. She hurried inside to not delay Bonnie further.

Caroline was about to knock on the door when the Bennett witch herself, Bonnie, opened it and dragged poor Caroline inside.

"Where are they then?" Bonnie asked Caroline moving towards a ring of salt with a cauldron in the centre of it.

"Here Bon, a stuffed owl-pigeon... thing... and an old valentines day card... from Tyler." Caroline gave her friend these items and followed her towards the salt circle.

"Thank you Care, I appreciate your help, now come here..." Bonnie placed the items in the circle and took Carolines' hand so she could lead her towards the cauldron. Bonnie explained to Caroline that she was going to channel her for the spell.
"When I put the owl in put the card in and when I put the fob watch in you put in the mandrake root and toad eyes." She explained further.

"Ewww gross!" Caroline remarked but did as she was told. Bonnie did all the chanting so Caroline added the gross stuff... seemed fair.

The owl and card were the first items in. Immediately they caught fire and then the fob watch went in... Caroline held up the toads eyes and Bonnie shook her head which meant use the other thing first...
So Caroline added the mandrake root then the toads eyes. It was going well! It smelt awful which meant it was working, or at least that's what Bonnie said would happen.

Stuff in the room started floating and Caroline felt uncomfortable. She tried telling Bonnie but this made the spell go crazy. Bonnie stopped chanting and hoped a counter spell would work so when the cauldron spilled and mixed with the salt Bonnie knew that it was a bad idea.
The two girls stood and ran for the door, only Caroline tripped on the cauldron and got some of the salt and green goo from the cauldron on her hand...
Not noticing Caroline ran out the door Bonnie was keeping open. As soon as she was out the door was slammed shut. There was no noise heard from the inside.

"Are you okay Bonbon" Caroline scanned her friend for injuries. She had none.

"I'm fine Care, but what's that on your hand? Is that from the cauldron? " Bonnie had a look of worry on her face. Caroline smiled to reassure her friend.

"It's fine. See" Caroline wiped the goo off her hand and onto her dress. "Let's look at the damage inside then..."

They slowly opened the door to find the room in perfect condition. The cauldron was upright and the salt in a circle. The ingredients by the side of the salt and the things that were floating in there place...

"How peculiar..." Caroline said puzzled.

"Weird. It's like it never happened..." Bonnie speculated and investigated the items in the floor.

Suddenly Caroline felt a sharp horrid pain in her head and she collapsed to the floor.

Bonnie didn't know what to do.