Chapter 17

The two vampire rivals both looked back at the classroom, realizing that (y/n) was  gone in a blink of an eye. They stopped fighting instantly. Ruki still had a slight irritated look on his face, while He scoffed at Ayato and picked up his books that he left on a desk.

"Don't you ever dare touch her again..."

The dark-haired spoke to the red-headed in a quite angry tone. He then swiftly walked out of the room to his second class. The next class was lunch, so Ruki decided to go check on her then. (Y/n) hadn't moved in the hours she has been sitting up on the roof, even as the temperature lowered even more. When she heard the door open and close, she immediately yelled, "Go away!" without even glancing up to see just who it was. Her tears had dried up by now, leaving streaks of dried moisture on her cheeks. She glared at him as she finally looked up before tearing her gaze away. ".. What do you want?"
"(Y/n)..." He had his lunch that was filled with a bowl of vega table soup, along with a chocolate chip cookie. "I just wanted to apologize for what had happened today." He sat next to her. "I should have known that one of them was going to...-"
"That's not the point!" (Y/n) snapped at him, quickly looking away from him. "I'm not.. Your possession. I.. I choose to be around you myself," She told him stubbornly, hugging her knees more tightly. "That was stupid.. I should've known better.. Than to trust you." Ruki sighed then paused for a moment.
"...You're right... You are not anyone's "possession"... I should have watched my words, But it's just that," He paused once again. "I didn't want to lose you to those filthy aristocrats. I don't know what I would do if they took you away." He looked to the ground with a melancholy expression. Her gaze and fury softened a bit as he continued to speak, her light blue orbs reluctantly beginning to pull up towards him.
"But.. You live in a mansion, too.. Doesn't that mean you're an aristocrat, too, Ruki-sama?" (Y/n) questioned him, waiting another moment before hesitantly scooting closer to him. She found, even if she desired to, she truly couldn't stay mad at him long. It was a stupid thing for him to say, but she knew he was being earnest. He had only meant to protect her. She leaned against him, her head resting on his shoulder. ".. It's okay. I know.. You just wanted to protect me.. I'm just.. Still too sensitive about a lot of things.. Because of.. You know."
"I understand..." He sighs and wraps an arm around her waist. "And... I'm not, exactly an aristocrat... Well, at least... Not anymore..." He gazed at the clear blue sky. The breeze blew gently while they were on the roof, while the birds chirped.