Chapter 8

"I see... But trust me I won't-." He then saw the scars that marked (y/n's) (s/c) skin, his eyes widen a bit, he was shocked by what he saw. "You're back..." He paused for a brief moment and continued to speak while looking at her. "...Are you alright? Something happened?" (Y/n's) eyes widened with surprise when he mentioned something about her back, hastily tugging her clothes down, silently cursing herself for not noticing how the fabric had come up earlier. "I.. I'm fine," (y/n) replied simply, her gaze settling on the floor as she thought of all of the things she had to endure to gain each and every one of the scars covering her skin. "They're.. Just scars. They don't hurt anymore.. Not really." Ruki suddenly looked at her with a softer gaze than before, knowing what she  than before, knowing what she may had been through in her past life. A moment of silence swept over them for a while, then he started to speak again. 
"Do you mind telling me what happened? I mean if you're comfortable about telling me... I understand if you don't want to." His voice was a bit softer than before. He then gestured (y/n) to sit down beside her on the feet of the bed. (Y/n) couldn't even fathom telling him such a thing- after all, she hadn't ever told a single person about what had happened. "I.." The (h/c) haired muttered softly, slowly beginning to nod her head. She took a while just walking over to him, sitting down beside him on the bed, though she couldn't seem to bring herself to look at him. "It was.. My father," She told him, her grip on the bedsheets tightening. There was a long moment of silence, as she had an internal struggle with herself, unsure of whether she should really tell him anything more. But.. Shouldering shame as big as this was difficult to do alone, especially for someone as young as she. "He.. Was always angry. Because my mother.. She died giving birth to me. So, when I got bigger.. He began to.. Take it out on me.. In any way you can imagine." She told him honestly, a shiver of disgust for herself shooting down her spine.
"I see..." He said then looked down at his lap. There was a brief silence once again. "...I'm sorry that I asked of this, But I completely understand what you went through..." He said in a monotoned voice, trying not to clench his fists while remembering his past memories as well, he silently took a deep breath, trying to not show any emotion. "Anyways, I'll be heading to my room right now." He smiled sincerely and started to get up and walk to the bedroom door.