Chapter 20: What's Behind Door One?

Start from the beginning

“Baby I gave birth to you and raised you, I am your mother.” she whispered softly. Dominic’s eyes filled with unshed tears as his lips quivered, he took a deep breath,

“You didn’t raise me Georgia.” the name echoed in my head, ringing with a sense of familiarity, like i’ve heard it before. She tilted her head to the side and pouted, 

“Don’t talk to your mother like that.” she scolded before turning to me, “Is this the boy from the papers? Blu, your boyfriend?” feeling awkward under her gaze I turned my attention to Dominic, who’d went quiet, his head hung low as he wrapped his arms around himself.

“Why the fuck are you here!?” Nat snapped as she stepped in front of Dominic protectively,

“I’m here to reconnect with my children, is that so bad.” she asked with a small chuckle,

“Yeah it is when it’s someone like you.” Nat stepped up to Georgia threatening her as she gave the woman a look that could kill. Georgia, that's the name of the woman that Dominic had told me gave him those scars, I pulled Dominic into my arms and held him tight to me, his arms wrapped around my neck as I held his waist,

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, i’ve changed my ways." Georgia defended, I sneered at the woman, though I should be thankful she's the reason he's here, I hate her for the obvious pain she's caused Dominic.

     "Georgia, why don't you get off the Favara property before I call the cops to escourt you off? Or I do it myself." I glared at her as I spoke and her cold silver eyes landed on mine and she huffled,

"Fine, i’ll have my laywer contact yours since we’re having some issues here.” Nat practically growled as Georgia spoke,

“Go take a long walk off a short pier while you’re at it.” She called to Georgia and Ms. Sailer as they left in a black sedan. Dominic nuzzled my chest and I lifted him up, carrying him to his room to comfort him.

Nat’s POV-

I sighed as Blu went with Dominic to his room, he didn’t even know what was happening, or what that witch had meant to Dominic, but was still as comforting as if he did. Watching the anger fade out of Dominic's eyes like that was hard for me, i’d seen it before, so many times when we’d lived with Georgia, it’s what she does to him. Drains all emotions except hate and fear from him, soon enough he fears the whisper of her name, and hates himself because of how she can drain him like that. I walked outside and leaned against the wall beside the door. Paige walked out and sat beside me, intertwining our fingers. I smiled softly, with anybody else this was a normal thing for Paige, but for me it was something special, I knew she meant it in a different way than when she held Dominic’s hand.

“What’s wrong Boo?” she asked softly, leaning close to me.

“My birth mother... Georgia was here.” I muttered, Paige squeezed my hand and rested her head on my shoulder.

“I saw, and heard.” she whispered. I nodded and we fell silent, “Do you want to talk to me about it, you know you can trust me babe.” she looked up at me with a gentle look and I smiled as I kissed her softly, she tasted like sugar, probably was eating the cookie batter.

“I guess i’ll tell you how it started, i’ll put in short for you.”

Flash Back, age six.

“Natalia, Evans.” my mother called, I skipped over to her with Evans beside me.

“Yeah mom?” she smiled as she looked down at me,

“I need you and your sisters to clean your rooms; and Evans do the dishes.” he nodded and ran off into the kitchen, “Don’t run!” she scolded loudly, he flinched and nodded, then walked cautiously the rest of the way.