Jealousy is this

This is past       *
This is present *
~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Cheerful sounds of the birds chirping outside slowly lulled you awake as you take a deep breath, waking up from the sleepy daze that you had lost yourself in for a few hours.

You willed your body to shift from the position you seemed to have slept in all night, and lie flat on the bed to soothe your now aching back.

A sigh escaped your lips as you realized your body was still stiff from exhaustion, a wave of bittersweet pain slowly coming back to your body as you regained your senses.

You opened your eyes slightly to see the familiar ceiling of the bedroom you shared with your lover.

Letting a few moments pass this way, as your brain finally started registering the scene around you, you sat up holding the satin sheet close to your chest.

You looked around with sleepy eyes at the mess that was your bedroom; shifting your gaze to the books that were lying on the floor, a lamp hanging on to dear life through its plugged in cord, and the door that was still slightly ajar.

You blinked, heat rushing to your cheeks as the memories from last night came rushing back to your mind.

-

Crocodile pulled over as the car finally arrived at the driveway to his mansion.

The journey from Doflamingo's house to his own was quiet, the silence leaving you both to your own thoughts.

Your heart warmed in your chest as soon as your home came into view. You smiled, feeling a true sense of belonging to this place; the garden that you took a walk in every morning, the stairs where you'd sit down and enjoy every sip of your coffee, the porch swing you'd enjoy lazy afternoons talking to your lover on.

You turned with the same loving smile to face him now, but it dulled as soon as you saw the frown that was planted on his face, his eyes fixed on the house.
Crocodile kept still, gazing at the building he called 'home'.