Baroque Works

I've been watching a lot of ghost adventures....ehehehe I hope you all like it!!
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

You'd heard of the mysterious sightings in the crumbling city of Alabasta.

The killings, the deaths, the fights that had broken out because of an organization that had planned to take it over for themselves.

The books you read about them only prolonged your interest in the place.

One specific site had latched into your mind however, the base of all the evil doings in the country; rainbase.

People have said that the one who founded such a group was still around, the faint smell of cigars a warning to anyone who dared come into any contact with it.

Some said he was a spirit, others said he was a demon.

Nobody knew but the ones that walked with him on the other side.

You felt giddy again, fiddling around in the chair you sat In as the two beside you looked at you blankly.

"Y/n.."
"Y/n you've been staring at the map for the past half hour, can we get going now?"

You rolled up the thin paper, sticking it in the pocket of your bag as you stood.

"Of course we can you doofs, as long as you don't chicken out on me like last time when we went to that abandoned marine base."

The two shivered and shook their heads.

"That one guy that kept answering was..."
"Creepy..."

You nodded.

"Yeah I know, his heat signals were off the charts! It WS awesome! Like he was made of lava or something? Coolio!"

You clapped your hands together as you made you way to the car.

"What about that other one? The one that went by tiger.."
"Yeah...he was as okay as a spirit could be."

You rolled your eyes.

"He was such a sweetie, poor man was blind.."
"He scared me half to death when he made those clicking noises.."
"That was because he was feeling around with his cane duh! You asked him to manifest himself and he did!"

You grumbled and looked back at the two of them, furrowing your brows.

"That must've been a nice looking place when it was booming out ships and stuff..".

You hummed and let your eyes wander from the road, falling on the passing shops and restraunts.

"Yeah..."
"When there wasn't dead people in charge of it..."

You huffed.

"I could easily leave the two of you back at that hotel seventy six just around the corner if you want to be like that.."

"No please don't!"

You glanced back at the two clinging to one another and grinned.

"I though as much.."

You pulled up to the airport gate, looking at the cars in front of you.

"You all ready to get to Alabasta?"

"No."

"Course not..."

~

"You know, its not all that bad if you really look at it."

You heard them sighing behind you.

"Its a crumbled pyramid with dead people inside...its bad either way no matter how 'bad' it looks.."
"Hush up! You all can go wait in the car then! I don't need to be hearing you when I could be hearing the infamous hero of Alabasta!"