Chapter 34: Runaway

Start from the beginning

"Well, if you should be able to get a make-over, then I should as well!" she said with a 'duh' tone in her voice as she opened the door to the place I had just spent hours sitting in.

I felt a graze on my arm and I smiled at my best friend. Danielle's once brown, curly, lucious locks were now black and sleek, making her hair look a mile long. She also got tattoos, a yin yang symbol on her wrist and a sillhouette of a flying bird on the small of her back. Her eyes that were once a nice brown were now a fantastic green, and she got her ears covered in studs (more than me!) and her nose and belly done as well.

We looked awesome, if I do say so myself ; ).

After Joan and Pam designed Danielle, we snuck back to grab some of her stuff and left our lovely head master a note. I didn't want to go into details, but I was pretty sure that he would be quite angry and appalled by our choice of words.

Anyway, so we were in Washington D.C!

"What now?" I asked Danielle as we began to walk down the road from the airport.

"Well, we want a normal life now, yes?" She asked. I nodded my head furiously. "Well then, first we find a place to live. We have enough money for that from our stash rooms in FGT. Then I suggest that the first thing we do tomorrow is find a job. Do you still have your fake license and info?"

I searched through my bag and took out my new I.D. The picture was the same as my last one, but my name was now Anna Browning instead of Robyn Jones, my birthday is now the 16th of March instead of the 21st of Febuary and I now came from London instead of Swansea.

Danielle's new name was Vanessa Perkins, her birthday was on the 22nd of January and instead of coming from London, she now came from Liverpool.

We got the I.Ds from a friend of Joans.

I nodded my head at Danielle's question. "Yeah, still got it."

"Well then we can use that to get into university!"

"Dan- Vanessa, we won't be able to join a randon University if we don't even have GCSE's or any sort of regular education!" I say worried.

"I have some connections..." Vanessa said smirking.

I laughed at her and we continued to walk down the street, and for the first time in a long while, I felt satisfied with my life.

JENNIFER'S (MOTHER JONES) POV

I sat in my office at Browning High and worked my way through some paperwork of the student's grades and achievements when my IPhone began to ring. Thinking it might be Robyn, I answered as quickly as possible, not bothering too check the caller I.D.

"Hello?!" I asked, with desperation in my voice.

"Where are they?!" I deep, rageful voice asked from the end of the phone.

"What? Who?" I asked disappointedly. "Who is this and how did you get my number?"

"You know who I'm talking about!" The voice shouted.

I kept my cool and replied back as professionally as I could. "I'm sorry, sir, but I neither know who this is, or what you're talking about..."

"Tut tut tut, I thought you'd recognise my voice by now Jennifer, we've known eachother for so long!" The voice chuckled humourlessly.

I remained silent, my eyebrows scrunched together with wonder. "No, I don't know who this is, so if you're done wasting my time, I'd like to hang up-"