Sick Scare-Josh X Reader

Requested by:lappissedoff

Short, shitty chappy from my phone because I'm drugged up on Melatonin and it's 1 am :-)

"Josh..." You croak from your place on the floor. You'd been ill for a couple days. This illness consisted of vomiting, headaches, and a slight fever.

Josh opens the door to the small tour bus bathroom. You've become quite familiar with every floor tile and cabinet. The cool plastic counter rests against the back of your burning, throbbing head. He hands you a glass of water and a mint before sitting on the ground next to you. He kisses your sweaty head and rubs your back.

"Josh... I'm scared I might be preg-"

"Me too." He says before you can finish. You rest your head in between your knees and groan.

"We used protection I just don't understand." You mumble more to yourself than Josh.

"Sometimes accidents happen." He says rather blatantly. For some reason, the tone of his voice aggravates you.

"What if we have a child, Josh? That's no 'little' accident." You retort while making air quotes. He stares at your furrowed eyebrows thinking about what he's saying next.

"I never said it was little, (Y/N). Calm down. You're making a giant deal out of most likely nothing." He sighs while running has hands down his face. You know he's tired and trying his best, but you couldn't stop what you were saying.

"Nothing, Joshua? Are you kidding me?! I could be having your child and it's not a big deal?" You push him towards the door before throwing up again. You're not sure if it's from anxiety, anger, or a possible pregnancy. You flush the toilet before sitting back up against the counter and taking a sip of water. Josh was gone and you immediately felt horrible for yelling at him like that. Maybe space would be good in your relationship right now.

You walk out into the bunk area and see that Josh's curtain is closed. You run a hand through your hair and pop the mint into your mouth before you turn into the sitting area. Jenna is sitting crisscross-applesauce on the couch while reading a magazine. Tyler and Jenna were finally trying for a baby after 3 years of marriage. "Jenna?" You ask as she moves her position so you can sit next to her. "Can we go to a drug store really fast? I think... I think I might be pregnant." You spit out rather fast. You see her big blue eyes widen over the magazine, and she lowers it slowly.

"Yeah. Uh. Let me just go tell Tyler we're going out and then I'll grab my purse." She stands and makes her way towards the bunks. You tap to the beat of a song you've been working on with your band, to get your mind off of being anxious. Jenna walks out of the bunk room and slings her purse onto her shoulder.

. . .

"So. Did you guys use protection?" The blonde asks while you look at the several pregnancy tests at Walgreens.

"I'm on the pill, but Josh didn't use a condom." You squint trying to read the fine print. They really should make that print larger. Especially since it says things like, 'CAUTION: 97% ACCURATE AND MUST BE USED 2 DAYS AFTER INTIMACY.' You grab one of the safest looking test for the least amount of money.

"I'm sure Josh cares. Tyler and him are just pretty beat up from the tour. Especially since Tyler made me return the elbow pads.." She mumbles the last part. You laugh as you remember him talking about his "mushy" bruises.

"Do you think you'll be pregnant soon?" You ask Jenna. You mentally roll your eyes at yourself at the stupid wording of the question.

"I'm not sure. I hope so. Tyler is really excited to be a dad." She smiles. You give a kind smile back but have to fake it. Would Josh be excited? Would he even want it? You ask yourself as you walk to the checkout. You feel the anxiety flip your stomach and you quickly grab an empty bag before you vomit. A worker comes over and rubs your back while Jenna holds your hair.

"This is embarrassing." You cough out after you're done. The clerk gives you a smile before ringing You and Jenna up. Jenna pays. You mentally thank God because you forgot your wallet.

It's a mostly silent walk back to the bus. You were nervous, and trying not to vomit again, from thinking about the test. Jenna was looking around at the scenery and making sure you were walking in the correct direction.

The bus was only a few blocks away from the Walgreens, and you see it as you round a corner. Tyler and Josh are walking out, probably going to get Taco Bell. "Ty!" Jenna says as she runs up to give him a hug. She whispers what you assume is her telling him she's going to take another test. He smiles at her and kisses her nose. You walk over to Josh and wrap him in a hug. He wraps his tattooed arms around your waist before kissing your shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Joshy." You say into his tee-shirt.

"I'm sorry about sounding like I don't care. I do. I care about you too much no matter what happens." He says. You notice he's staring at the tests in the bag. You give his hand a squeeze while putting on a nervous smile. He returns it and kisses your head again.

"We're gonna get Taco Bell. Want anything?" He asks while pointing his thumb in the direction of the nearest fast food joint.

"The usual." You respond before boarding the bus. You dash into the bathroom and rip open the box. The instructions fling to one side of the room, and the test to the other.

. . .

"Remember," Josh hugs you from behind. "Whatever happens. I'll love you endlessly." He promises. You flip the tests around and see three negative signs.

The tension snaps and you don't know how to feel. You weren't pregnant. So why were you having symptoms of pregnancy? "I guess we should go to the doctor then..." Josh laughs. You smile and sigh in relief. You turn around in Josh's arms and squeeze him.

"Maybe one day." He whispers while running his fingers through your hair. He holds you close and you hear his heartbeat. You knew that neither of you were ready for a baby, and that was okay. Everything was okay.

"But maybe we can get a cat.. Or a dog.. Please?" Josh asks. A cat or dog was basically a child.

"Sure. It'll be good practice." You smile at him. You take his hand and get off the bus, walking to the nearby hospital to find out what was really wrong with you. Only then did you remember that Josh would be the one taking care of you. Damnit. You smile to yourself.

Hey there, lovelies!! If you have any requests, please send them through messages so I can see them and remember them :-) Another special thanks to lappissedoff for the idea 💕💕

As always, remember to comment what you think!! Love you guys!