Prologue

Song: Here With Me, Susie Suh

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will live as one."

― John Lennon

"Artemis, I think it is time that we have peace with one another. Give me one night and I can make you forget our past," Erebus, the god of darkness, suggested.

Artemis glanced at the mischievous god. Being the Moon Goddess, she continuously needed to watch over her children to ensure their safety, but Erebus and Set had made it hard lately. She rolled her eyes at the thought of Erebus wanting to be friendly. He only ever used her.

Not only did Artemis and Erebus fight, but their children did too. Erebus, and Set, the god of chaos, had battled for millenniums over their creation: vampires. 

Artemis wanted Erebus badly. She may have even loved him. One night, Erebus agreed to have dinner with Artemis. Artemis told him how she had been the reason that Erebus and Set fought. She only had ever meant for them to use their creation for good, but Erebus only saw it as manipulation. From that day forward, the trio were at war on Mount Olympus and on Earth.

Snapping back to reality, Artemis was unable to believe that after all these centuries that Erebus seeked an alliance. They had kept their distance from each other, only minor conflicts here and there, but unfortunately for Artemis, they stayed to their own business. Erebus and Set divided their power evenly so that they would not harm their creations which now roamed the earth with Artemis' werewolves.

"You don't deserve my trust," Artemis scoffed.

Erebus grinned. She couldn't help but devour his features, etching them to memory. Their relationship might've been destroyed, but her feelings toward the god of darkness would remain eternal. He knew the effect he had on her and planned on using it to his advantage.

"My dear Artemis, I've missed body," Erebus charmed.

"We were never anything. You and your 'creatures' disgust me."

Erebus' face dropped into a frown. He hated hearing his creation badmouthed. In his opinion, they were superior to every other being. He clenched his fist, hoping to relieve the anger that was building behind his handsome features.

"Your wolves have been howling to you for years. They want a savior."

Artemis immediately stood from her expertly crafted chair and graced the ground with her feet. She briskly glided towards Erebus, and he could not help but admire the fluidity of the goddess' body.

"They need saving because of bloodsuckers!" Artemis growled.

Erebus raised his hands in surrender, though she knew that he would never willingly submit. The Moon Goddess was disgusted by her own emotions towards this self absorbed god.

"Anyways, another god and I disagreed," Erebus said.

"Thankfully not me this time," Artemis muttered.

"Zeus actually. All I requested was that he gift me a bride. My vampires are becoming dominant on earth so it would be nice for a wife to tend to the house."

Artemis' eyes narrowed. She kept her face void of any emotion. Inside, she felt self-destructive. 

"I won't be your wife."

"Yes you will. You have no choice," Erebus sang.

"I will not become subordinate to you."

"I will only dominate you in the bedroom, but otherwise we will be equals. You have to throw away this fantasy of finding your 'mate' as you have given your children. You have a beautiful, eternal body that will satisfy me."