XIII: Intrigued

Song: Young by Vallis Alps

"I feel as though when I'm with you, I cannot help but feast upon the lies that you are too fooled to see."

--- abysmallyknown

Rose's POV:

I reached up to Jace's face, pulling him closer to me so that our noses slightly brushed. His eyes flickered between my eyes and my lips. As he leaned in slightly, I drew back. I ignored how the tingles in my hand ceased after I removed my grasp.

His face had a slight shadow of stubble upon it. I punched his jaw with a powerful hook. Bewilderment and anger built up behind those dark blue orbs, but I did not have an ounce of regret.

"How does rejection feel?" I bit out before I stood and jumped off of the ledge into the abysmal lake.

Had he thought I had forgotten that he had rejected me? I was not a begrudging person, but I demanded respect. I would not be treated as one of his whores, nor would I be another helpless mistress like that bitch he was going to mate with.

The audacity of the man to think I was going to come running back to him especially after imprisoning me for three days without so much as a check up on my health. My heart twinged slightly with the anger that was building against my beloved, but I did not care. 

I wanted him, more than any blood craving I've ever had, but we were equals. He would understand that soon. If not, then we'll both be damned.

I knew from the first moment when he had protected me from the lightning that my thirst would become too great. The amount of fresh heat that had trailed across my body was overwhelming.  What a complicated situation.

The rain poured from the sky pounding the lake's waves. I climbed out of the lake as more and more lightning struck the trees. I did not know where I would go from here, though I could feel the strong presence of my powers returning whenever I was close to Jace, yet I would have no choice but to leave once he rejected me or once Mason found me.

I decided that I would go to Jace's house. I needed clean clothes and to be near him one last time. Either his pride had been injured beyond repair or he simply despised me because I couldn't feel or see him anywhere. I followed my sense of smell and keen hearing to the pack's housing area.

The buildings were huge with state of the art architecture, in other words I was impressed. The housing was nothing like Mason's, whose was unwelcoming and drab, although the colors were complimentary, I disliked the feeling his houses gave me. Jace's, on the other hand, were log cabin like, but very sophisticated and screamed wealth.

It was nearing late evening and I assumed that the pack members of Silent Claw were eating dinner. I decided it was better for everyone if I did not attend.

I wandered around the territory, noticing that the grounds were very much like a small town. I found a cabin which was nestled and isolated from all the others. It was much more grand and more home-like rather than the other sort of apartment buildings on the main path.

Intrigued, I walked towards it. I knew immediately who it belonged to which made it all the more interesting. Once I stepped foot at the door, I tested the knob which twisted without any lock restraining it.

The pack must be very close if they can trust each other without needing to keep their possessions locked away. As I stepped through the door into the house, I realized that the interior was just as grandeur as the exterior. However, the inside of this house had a very warm feeling.