Chapter 18

I looked back at both of them with wide eyes and didn't know what to say. What if they told more people? MY PARENTS?

"I- um"

"When did this start?" Grace asked curiously.

"Well, I was out walking Joy, and we just started talking about our dogs, because they became friends, and we went on a ride in his truck and then another time he took me to Stone Brook and it was really fun and he just, he just asked me I didn't know what to say, it was a really good day, and, and he was so sweet and I said yes, I just said yes," I spat out fast and then trailed off towards the end. I was petrified what would they think?

Grace was quiet for a moment and just stared at me shocked. Matt, on the other hand, just had a smug smirk on his face.

Grace just sat there for a while then asked me, "are you happy?"

Now it was my turn to be shocked! She cared?

"Well, yeah I've never been so happy in my life. I feel like things are falling into place now," I trailed off still a little unsure of what to say.

"Well then date him. Be careful, because we all know he can be dangerous and has a dangerous past, but I honestly don't know him he could be pretty cool like you said he is." 

I sat there dumbfounded with a smile appearing on my face. "Thank you so much Grace. It really means a lot."

Matt just looked at me, and then to Grace, and then back to me again with disbelief.

"You're really okay with this?"

"Matt! He seems okay! He hasn't done anything bad to her, sure his reputation isn't great, but he could be a really nice guy!" Grace exclaimed.

"Talya I'm honestly so disappointed in you!" Matt yelled and stormed out.

"I hope he breaks your heart! And don't tell me I didn't warn you!"

Grace turned to me and said, "Talya it's all going to work out, and if it doesn't then it wasn't meant to be. Don't worry about Matt he's just trying to look out for you."

She was right Matt had good intentions but was handling it totally wrong. I get that he's like my brother and wants to look out for me, but I also need to make my own decisions on who I hang out with and date.

"Are you seeing Corey later?" She smiled at me knowingly.

"Yeah" I replied and blushed.

"Come here I'll drive us home!" She cheered and headed to her car.

I can't wait to see him!!