Chapter 13

After the fight, everyone wandered back to their houses thinking. Me especially. Contrary to what the whole world thinks, Corey can be super sweet, but the situation and him makes me a little nervous. Matt caught us today and they almost got into a huge fight? This could definitely happen again, and with possibly worse results.

• • • • •

"Talya! Honey! Breakfast is ready come downstairs!" My parents screamed from the kitchen.

I turned over and looked at the time, 9:00! Ugh why do they do this to me? Can't I just sleep?

I trudged out of bed and went to go brush my teeth. I looked in the mirror and gasped...

What the actual hell is my hair doing?! It was sticking up every which way and was messy as hell!

I walked down the stairs only to be greeted by my favorite girl, Joy, and waffles on the table.

"Why so early?" I asked confused.

"Well, today our neighborhood is having a huge block party right on our street! We have to help set up and the dog pin too so all of the neighborhood dogs can play!" My mom cheered excitedly.

Oh how fun :)

"Oh so what do I have to do?" I asked confused.

"Well, you need hours for school so I thought you'd help the other moms and I set up and host!"

Gee thanks mom. This sounds like a great way to spend my free day.

"Eat up! It's going to be a long day!"

UGHH.

I quickly ate my waffles then went upstairs to shower. I then French braided my hair and put on a pair of short ripped jean shorts and a loose gray t-shirt since it's going to be hot. I put on my Birkenstocks and headed downstairs.

"Come on! We have no time to waste! It begins at 11:30!" My mom exclaimed while carrying out boxes and telling people where to place tables and games.

"Talya, I want you to be in charge of the dog play area, it's probably what would be the least boring to you anyway," my mom told me. She was right watching some dogs play with each other for a few hours couldn't be that bad.

A few hours later the whole party was set up and my neighbors were flowing into the streets walking around.

I was standing there bored looking at some playing puppies in the hot sun when I felt some water on my arm. That's weird. It's a really nice sunny day out... "WOAH!" A waterfall of water came pouring down on me, "WHO DID..." I turned around to see the one and only Corey Haim smiling like an idiot, "hey baby, you seem a little wet,". I rolled my eyes and he just smirked, couldn't keep his cool and busted out laughing.

And I'm dating him because????