I'm Sorry

It soon turned into days. The days turned into weeks. Those week then felt like years. Then, the years turned into an eternity. John laid alone in his cot and hugged a pillow close to his body. He knew if Alexander didn't come soon, he would be deported to South Carolina. He might never see Alexander again.

"No...stop thinking like that." John muttered into the pillow. He was going go see Alexander again. Alexander was the love of his life and the universe wasn't cruel enough to keep Alexander away from him. John pursed his lips and sat up. There was so much he had to tell Alexander.

There was a rustling outside his tent and he froze. It was late, no man from his troop would check on him. What if it was a red coat? What if these were his final moments? What if these were his final thoughts?

"Jacky." A voice cut off his thoughts. He looked towards the entrance and gasped. "Al-alex?" He muttered. Alexander nodded and ran up to John. He hugged John tightly and picked him up. "I missed you Jacky!" Alexander said excitedly.

John laughed softly and as Alexander lowered him back to the ground. John immediately pulled Alexander into a kiss and moved away. "Alexander, I can't believe you're back." John smiled. Alexander nodded. "I also have some exciting news." John tilted his head and furrowed his brows in confusion. "What is it?"

"Eliza is pregnant!" Alexander said and quickly kissed John's cheek. "Isn't this great? I'm going to be a father." John froze again and plastered a smile on his face. "Congratulations." John said and pulled Alexander into hug.

Join sighed and pulled away. "Alex, I have something to tell you." Alexander nodded and sat down on their shared cot. "What's wrong?" Alexander asked cautiously. John bit his lip and fiddled with his sleeves. "I'm...being deported to South Carolina." He said quietly. Alexander stood quickly and wrapped his arms around John's waist.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner? Why didn't you tell me in your letters?" Alexander asked. John sighed and bit his lip. "I...I'm sorry." He muttered. Alexander pursed his lips and cleared his throat. "I understand. When are you leaving?" John looked down and muttered. "I'm leaving tomorrow."

Alexander pulled John into hug and let out a shaky sigh. "There's more..." John mumbled into Alexander's shoulder. "What was that?" Alexander asked as he pulled away. John quickly shook his head and sat down in their cot.

If John didn't tell Alexander, did that count is lying. He's not telling him anything different, therefore he isn't lying. He just, keeping the truth hidden. However, he has kept that secret for so long. He loves Alex, but he doesn't know how much he can take.