The Schuyler Sister

Eliza paced around the house while her younger sister began to read one of Alexander's letters.

"My dearest Eliza,
I apologize for ignoring you. I wish there was a way to show you how much I care for you. My dearest Schuyler, you seem to glow. You love me no matter what, correct? Would you love if you weren't my..." 

Peggy paused and looked over the letter. "What is it Peggy?" Eliza asked, becoming a bit worried. "Your not going to like this Eliza." Peggy muttered. "Peggy, it can't be that bad." Eliza said and ushered Peggy to continue reading. 

"Would you love me if you weren't my only lover? I'm in love Eliza and my heart is confused. Though somehow, I find you in the midst of this confusion. I have to make a choice Eliza, my love. It's hard to believe that I found someone who almost illuminates your beauty. I must be honest, you're not my first love. I hope that you are my last however. I want to spend eternity with you you Elizabeth Schuyler. Only if you will have me." 

Peggy looked up at her sister, anticipating her sister's emotions. Eliza stood there in a state of shock. 

"Alexander...He wants to be with me in the midst of his hearts confusion. Is there still hope for us?" Eliza asked, her face slightly twisted. "Don't get your hopes up Eliza, that man is an Icarus. Soon he'll fly too close to the sun." Angelica said coming from behind her sisters.

"Maybe you'll be his choice. You were with him first." Peggy said cracking a smile. Eliza sighed and slumped down into a seat. "He doesn't really love me. He loves this other woman." She said tracing the hem of her dress. Peggy looked at her eldest sister and nodded. "Well, why don't we ask Alexander." Angelica said and Eliza  looked up. "Is that a good idea?" Eliza asked and Angelica responded with a nod. 

"It's the only way you can know the truth." Peggy said, her voice hidden with concern. Eliza bit the inside of her cheek and nodded. "Let's go then." 

John's head was in Alexander's lap, reading one of Alexander's essays. "You missed a comma Alex." John said, not lifting his eyes from the paper. "Really? Where?" Alexander asked, taking the paper from John's hands. John sat up and pointed it out on the paper. Alex smiled and nodded. "You're such a help dear." He said as he leaned in closer to John's face. John chuckled lightly and pecked Alexander's lips. Alexander smirked and grabbed John's hips. "You can do better than that." 

Alexander then stood, picking John up. "What are you doing?" John asked and Alexander shrugged. "Admiring you." John laughed and lightly hit Alexander's shoulder. "I'm not a prize Alexander, put me down." Alexander cracked a small smile and brought John down. He crouched down a bit and grabbed John's chin.

"I love having these alone times with you." Alexander said. "Why is that." John asked as he mindlessly began to play with Alexander's necktie. "Because I am able to do this." He answered as he lightly kissed John's lips. John smiled in the kiss and his eyes widened and lightly began to push Alexander away. "What is it?" Alexander asked, his face centimeter apart. "Schuyler sisters at 12 o'clock." John whispered.

Alexander quickly turned around and pushed John away from the window's view. He ran to the door and swung it open. "Hello Eliza." Alexander said trying to keep down his nervousness. "I got your letter Alexander." Eliza said, her voice drained and hopeless. "Oh, you came to give me an answer?" Alexander asked. "I don't know what you're talking about, but I want to know who your other lover is." Eliza said a little confused. "It said so in the letter Eliza. That's why I need your help." Eliza rose a brow and gave Alexander the letter.

He read it and grunted. "John! You sent the wrong letter!" He yelled. "I'm sorry Alex." John's voice had a hidden sense of guilt. Alexander shook his head a looked back at Eliza. "I apologize my dearest Schuyler sister. I meant to tell you that, I am in love with another person. I still do, however, love you. Just, this person and I have been through more things." Eliza bit her lip and nodded. "Who is she?" Alexander sighed, "It's not a she Eliza." 

Eliza gasps and steps back. "Alexander, isn't that..." Alexander bit his lip and nodded, "Please Eliza, I expect you to be more accepting." Eliza nodded and wrapped Alexander into a hug. "I love you, and if you are happy with this man then I am happy."