The Truth Will Set You Free

Alexander couldn't wait to go back to John. He felt like, even with the note, he shouldn't have left him stranded.  Then he remembered, Eliza was expecting him at her house. Alexander had to make a choice. Laurens or Schuyler. He loves them both, but not equally. John always did hold a special place in his heart.

"Hamilton, I think that's all for today." Washington called, slipping in his coat. "Yes sir." Alexander called back placing his quill down. "I noticed how you kept daydreaming during our work. Is it the Schuyler sister you are worried about?" Washington asked with a smug look on his face. Alexander shook his head and avoided eye contact with his commander. "No sir. It's someone else in honesty."

Washington rose a brow and chuckled. "Another woman?" Alexander bit his lip and nodded.

"Describe her for me son." Washington obliged, sitting on his desk. Alexander nervously rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, she's really kind. A fantastic," Alexander paused, "woman. She's beautiful. She has gorgeous hair that surrounds her like a mane. Her freckles are perfectly placed, like stars in the night sky." Alexander went on and on.

Washington chuckled again, "You haven't slept with her son, have you?" Alexander began to blush and bit his lip. Washington's eyes began to widen, "Wow. I guess this woman is really a catch." Alexander nodded.

"What is her name?" Washington asked smiling widely. "Sir, I want to still have your respect." Alexander said quietly, not looking at his commander.  Washington furrowed his brows in confusion, "Why would I not respect you?" Alexander sighed "It's not...normal in our standards your excellency, sir." Washington placed his hand on Alexander's shoulder. "You can tell me son. If it is an affair, I won't think of you any less." Alexander shook his head. "Then what is it?"

"She's not a woman sir." Alexander said softly, his words barely audible.

"You mean. This person you've been going on about is a man?" Washington asked surprised. Alexander nodded, filled with shame. "It's John Laurens sir, but please don't punish him for my doings. I can't watch that happen to him." Alexander begged.

"I would never Alexander. You're like a son to me, and I don't think of you any different." Washington said warmly, patting Alexander on the back. Alexander gleamed, "Really sir?" Washington nodded and Alexander quickly pulled Washington into a hug. "Thank you sir." Alexander whispered as he felt Washington return his hug. Washington pulled away and turn Alexander around. "Now go on and see the love of your life."