Forgiveness...Can You Imagine?

John traced the the carving of the table with the tip of his finger. He noticed how his bones became more visible and his skin began to feel tight.
Lafayette sat a plate of croissants in front of his friend. He gave John a small smile and pushed the plate closer to his face. "You should eat mon ami. We don't want you wasting away."

John weakly smiled and pushed the plate away. "I'm fine Lafayette. Thank you anyway." He said, his voice sounding extremely  hoarse. Lafayette frowned and picked up the plate.

"Please John, I'm worried about you." Lafayette said quietly, sitting down next to John.

John shrugged and buried his head into his arms. "I miss him Laf. I let him slip away. Its " John muttered quietly.

Lafayette sighed and wrapped his arm around John. "Well you always have me, and Hercules. We are your best friends after all." John looked up at him and smiled.

There was a soft knock and John rose up. Lafayette lightly pushed him back in his seat and got up. "I have the door. You can fill up." He said, giving John the croissant again.

Lafayette walked to the door and opened it. When he opened it, he found a tired and beaten down Alexander.

"Oh," Alexander paused in surprised, "Lafayette I didn't expect you here." Alexander pushed a few strands of hair out of his face, showing the bags under his eyes. "Is there a chance the John is here. I want to talk to him." He said, tugging on his neck tie.

"Alexander...you look horrible." Lafayette said. Alexander sighed and nodded. "I haven't been getting much rest. I've have been writing countless essays." Alexander yawned and leaned against the door frame.

"In honesty, my legs can barely hold me up." He chuckled softly and rubbed his eyes. Lafayette nodded and grabbed Alexander's arm. He wrapped it around his own shoulder and helped Alexander inside.

Lafayette sat Alexander on the couch. John rose his head and groaned. "Who was-" He cut himself off, looking at Alexander. "John. Oh my God." Alexander gasped. He attempted to rise to his feet and walk towards where he was sitting. He grabbed onto a chair and then gently grabbed John's chin.

Alexander's eyes began to water and he muttered, "John...please tell me I didn't do this. God, I'm so sorry." Alexander quickly wrapped him into an embrace and buried his face into John's shoulder. "You have every right to hate me." He cried into John's shoulder.

John bit his lip and looked down at the shaking, sobbing man before him. He slowly hugged him back and sighed. Alexander chuckled between his sobs. "It's a lot easier to pick you up." He said as he began to lift John.

John stifled a giggle as he wrapped his arms around Alexander's neck. "You look like you haven't slept in forever." He said, moving strands of hair out of Alexander's face. "I stayed awake, thinking about you." Alexander said setting John down. He grabbed John's chin and moved his face closer to his own. 

He presses his lips against John's and wrapped his arms around John's waist. John slowly pushed Alexander away. "Alex, not now. Not yet." John muttered. "You need rest and I need to eat." Alexander nodded and let go of John's waist. 

"Maybe later." John smiled, kissing Alexander's cheek.